HUGE Birth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I pulled forty three from a tank a few weeks ago. Forty three. Did she replace her insides with babies? Is she, like, hollow now? I don't get it.

lllllblader

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Congrats!!
Here are some tips (I am a livebearer breeder):
  • Keep the water at 78-82 °F;
  • Feed them (one per feeding) brine shrimp, bloodworms, egg yolk and crushed up flakes;
  • Feed them 3-7 times a day;
  • Do weekly WCs with the water the same temperature (78-82 °F) as the tank water;
  • Try to keep them as happy as possible;
  • Remove dead bodies as soon as possible;
  • When they grow to be 3-4 months old, get them another tank (31 teen fish in one tank = tragedy XD);
  • Get all the material (food, spare tanks etc) they will need in the future now - you won't want them ending up dying because the store was closed for a holiday;
  • As I said before, keep them as happy as can be. Send us pictures of them as they grow!
Good luck with your fry, and keep us updated!

USMC2674

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the advice. They are in a 3-way breeder in a 10 gallon tank with some 2 week old dalmation mollies. They're getting crushed flake and crushed shrimp pellets, the same as the mollies. Once they are too big to be sucked up by the filter, we will release them into the aquarium proper where there is lots of plants and alqae for them to graze on, along with continued feedings. Once they are about an inch long, we start gifting!

lllllblader

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the advice. They are in a 3-way breeder in a 10 gallon tank with some 2 week old dalmation mollies. They're getting crushed flake and crushed shrimp pellets, the same as the mollies. Once they are too big to be sucked up by the filter, we will release them into the aquarium proper where there is lots of plants and alqae for them to graze on, along with continued feedings. Once they are about an inch long, we start gifting!
Very nice! Keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom