Hubert Cumeberdale Jr. (My Betta), got finally some tankmates today.

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello all. After a little over 2 months of this 10 gallon being set up, Huber Cumberdale Jr. .....(huge bonus points if anyone gets the reference)....got 7 Ember Tetras added to his tank this afternoon. They've only been in a couple hours and are already coloring up, roaming around and ate some food. Hubert doesn't seem to give a heck they're in there. He stared at them for a bit at first then went along with his day. They're a little skittish of him currently but I'm sure they'll get used to him. I just picked them up at petco which is the only pet store less than 2 hours away. I temp acclimated for 25 minutes then did the ol' plop and drop. Which is the new fish introduction method I would almost always recommend. The fact they ate food and colored up in less than an hour of being in the tank is a testament to the plop and drop method imo. Anyways here's a little video of them in the tank shortly after being released.

OP
toeknee

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
That looks really nice as always. :rolleyes: I like my Embers.
Thanks! I'm always fiddling with plant arrangements and whatnot. First time having tetras in a very long time I've always steered towards rasboras usually. I forgot fish could be this tiny! It's probably tough to tell but from the video would you say they're fully grown or have a little size to put on? They Petco guy said they came into the store just this morning.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They probably won't get a whole lot bigger. Mine are still really small compared to everyone else.

Side question...How long has that Petco been there and what was it before? Do you know? We stay right across the street and I have never seen it. Just wanted to make sure Im not crazy.....o_O I would have went there to see what they have!

OP
toeknee

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Petco I go to is over in Dillon, about 45 minutes from Vail. Been there for at least 4-5 years. If I want to go to an actual LFS it's a 2.5 hour drive to Denver.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
toeknee said:
The Petco I go to is over in Dillon, about 45 minutes from Vail. Been there for at least 4-5 years. If I want to go to an actual LFS it's a 2.5 hour drive to Denver.
I just can't believe I've never seen it. It is tucked into the back a little. Do you know what it was before that? Its racking my brain...lol We've stayed at the Dillon Inn by the Dam Brewery every year for like the last 10 years. Right across the street. We go to Walgreens and the grocery/liquor stores up there all the time.

OP
toeknee

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
I just can't believe I've never seen it. It is tucked into the back a little. Do you know what it was before that? Its racking my brain...lol We've stayed at the Dillon Inn by the Dam Brewery every year for like the last 10 years. Right across the street. We go to Walgreens and the grocery/liquor stores up there all the time.
ohhhh, yeah it's definitely tucked away. You drive up a steep hill and it's an immediate right on top of the hill on a sharp right hand turn. It's easy to drive right by and never see it. The first time trying to go there I had google maps open and it told me to turn right and you will arrive at your destination and I was just yelling WHERE!?! Couldn't see it until I was directly in front of it...and no I'm not positive what it was before. I was living the ski bum life with no car my first few years in Vail a decade ago so I didn't venture to Dillon too often unless I was on a bus to ski Breck or Keystone.

donburi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh my god I haven't heard that name in forever. I hope your betta doesn't smell like soot and poo like the real Hubert Cumberdale lol ;)

OP
toeknee

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
donburi said:
Oh my god I haven't heard that name in forever. I hope your betta doesn't smell like soot and poo like the real Hubert Cumberdale lol ;)
haha! Didn't think anyone would get it. For some reason it popped in my youtube for the time in over a decade. One of the original youtube video series! Re watched all of them shortly before getting Hubert. The videos are stranger than I remember.

donburi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
toeknee said:
haha! Didn't think anyone would get it. For some reason it popped in my youtube for the time in over a decade. One of the original youtube video series! Re watched all of them shortly before getting Hubert. The videos are stranger than I remember.
Yess!! I remember a while back when a new episode came out I almost flipped my bucket, so excited! I love most of David Firth's animations though, it has a certain charm about it. I miss old YouTube

OP
toeknee

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
donburi said:
Yess!! I remember a while back when a new episode came out I almost flipped my bucket, so excited! I love most of David Firth's animations though, it has a certain charm about it. I miss old YouTube
Thought the exact same thing, there's a nostalgic feel and style to old YouTube.

OP
toeknee

toeknee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
00MagicKarp00 said:
I knew I heard that name somewhere, salad fingers right?
That's right! Thinking about setting up another tank for a female Betta just so I can name her Majory Stewart Baxter.

New Threads