How's my stocking?

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say your tank is fully stocked and would recommend not adding anything to it.

swervo513

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If I was you I would not add anything unless it were a pair of dwarf angel fish or a dwarf gourami. not sure how big the tetras are but i know the zebra danios are quite small and remain at the middle/top of the tank. if your other fish are same than two small angels would do fine as they stay at the middle to bottom of the tank for the most part.

This all depends on you filtration though.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If I was you I would not add anything unless it were a pair of dwarf angel fish or a dwarf gourami. not sure how big the tetras are but i know the zebra danios are quite small and remain at the middle/top of the tank. if your other fish are same than two small angels would do fine as they stay at the middle to bottom of the tank for the most part.

This all depends on you filtration though.
I respectfully disagree, angels get to be large, too large for his already mostly stocked tank. The DG probably would not like all of that activity up at the top of the tank and the tetras might fin nip.
Again I would recommend not adding anything.

chunkdaddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks for your opinions everyone.

This is the hardest part about fishkeeping, since theres no steadfast rules for stocking. Looking at my tank, sometimes it looks like I've got plenty of open space, but when the ba's and the zebras all get in the same region, it looks like its just right. I've thought about adding 2 more ba's, that might not be to bad.

I added a second filter, but I don't want to use that as an excuse to get more fish. I think open space is the more important factor.

chunkdaddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Excellent pic! We go to the US Air Force Museum 3-4 times a year here in Dayton. I love the WWII planes, even though the jets are cool, too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom