How’s it looking?

LadfromLondon

112L Remineralised RO Tropical Community, running one Eheim 2215. Not currently running and uncycled.

I will be adding more rooted plants, probably crypts and keeping it low tech. Tips and advice welcome!

mimo91088

Looking good dude

LadfromLondon

mimo91088 said:
Looking good dude
Cheers dude! Hopefully I get it up and running before Christmas!

FrenchFry

This tank looks awesome!!! You're really good at aquascaping.

emilymg

Looking good! I think crypts in the front along with some kind of carpeting plant (maybe s. repens but it’s a slow grower...maybe pearlweed for low tech) would look amazing! love the wood pieces!

SnookusFish

Looks sick, good job
Only thing I would add is little plants around the base of the wood, but you already seem to be planning more plants. I would say s.repens bordering the wood would look great. Maybe some big black stones in there aswell? Some big lava rocks in the back corner? Looks awesome either way though.

LadfromLondon

FrenchFry said:
This tank looks awesome!!! You're really good at aquascaping.
Thank you! To be honest I go by instinct, I don’t really have a tried and true method

LadfromLondon

emilymg said:
Looking good! I think crypts in the front along with some kind of carpeting plant (maybe s. repens but it’s a slow grower...maybe pearlweed for low tech) would look amazing! love the wood pieces!
Cheers! I was thinking Wendtii/Parva, I tried Flamingo in a previous medium tech but it didn’t really get the pink hue I wanted.

Hmm I didn’t consider a carpet, would it take away from the space available to any Cory’s/Apisto’s?

Thank you!

LadfromLondon

SnookusFish said:
Looks sick, good job
Only thing I would add is little plants around the base of the wood, but you already seem to be planning more plants. I would say s.repens bordering the wood would look great. Maybe some big black stones in there aswell? Some big lava rocks in the back corner? Looks awesome either way though.
Thank you! I’ve never tried S. Repens so I definitely could! Is it undemanding?

I have Zebra Stone which I was saving for my hardscape for my Mbuna tank, but I could use it in my 112 too. What do you think? I think it’s a limestone and will increase hardness/ph, I do have dragonstone otherwise!

emilymg

LadfromLondon said:
Cheers! I was thinking Wendtii/Parva, I tried Flamingo in a previous medium tech but it didn’t really get the pink hue I wanted.

Hmm I didn’t consider a carpet, would it take away from the space available to any Cory’s/Apisto’s?

Thank you!
I think Wendtii would look perfect! The thing with a carpet having corys is it has to be a well rooted plant lol. I think S. repens is pretty cory proof, but it’s a slow grower. If you are willing to be patient with it though it would look really nice.

86 ssinit

Tank looks great! What fish will you be adding?

LadfromLondon

emilymg said:
I think Wendtii would look perfect! The thing with a carpet having corys is it has to be a well rooted plant lol. I think S. repens is pretty cory proof, but it’s a slow grower. If you are willing to be patient with it though it would look really nice.
Thanks for the advice! I’m definitely not looking for fast growth so that’s good

I will add it to my list!

LadfromLondon

86 ssinit said:
Tank looks great! What fish will you be adding?
I’ll try not to be too controversial but for now, I’ve got Silvertips and Red Lizard Whiptails in quarantine and Oto’s to move over.

The long term plan is to add Angelfish and Apisto’s or Cory’s too, but it’s unlikely to be anytime soon.

AcornTheBetta

LadfromLondon said:
112L Remineralised RO Tropical Community, running one Eheim 2215. Not currently running and uncycled.

I will be adding more rooted plants, probably crypts and keeping it low tech. Tips and advice welcome!
Looks good!

LadfromLondon

AcornTheBetta said:
Looks good!
Thank you! Hoping to start moving some fish in from qt next week!

SnookusFish

Yea I would say mess about with a few of those rocks in the back, it would add depth amd visual blocks for the future angels. S.repens is great. Fine in low light aswell, heres a pic of mine right now.

LadfromLondon

SnookusFish said:
Yea I would say mess about with a few of those rocks in the back, it would add depth amd visual blocks for the future angels. S.repens is great. Fine in low light aswell, heres a pic of mine right now.
Thank you! That picture is great!

Basil

That looks great! Love the wood!

LadfromLondon

Kribensis27

The wood is amazing! I think apistos would look great in there!

Kathylee

LadfromLondon said:

It looks really good!
What size aquarium is this? Sorry, I'm curious

Dechi

Nice tank !

LadfromLondon

Kribensis27 said:
The wood is amazing! I think apistos would look great in there!
Cheers! I was thinking Apistogramma Agassizii Double Red, maybe 2:4 M:F. Still unsure though because I don’t want territory issues between the Whips/Oto’s & Apistos.

Kathylee said:
It looks really good!
What size aquarium is this? Sorry, I'm curious
Cheers! It’s 112L, measuring 80x35x40CM LxWxH

Dechi said:
Nice tank !
Thank you!

LadfromLondon

Quick update: Added some dragonstone I had laying around, probably just crypts left now.

Advice/opinions are welcome!

Pfrozen

LadfromLondon said:
Quick update: Added some dragonstone I had laying around, probably just crypts left now.

Advice/opinions are welcome!
Looks perfect! really nice design

StarGirl

Wow nice!

LadfromLondon

StarGirl said:
Wow nice!
Pfrozen said:
Looks perfect! really nice design
Cheers guys! Any ideas for what Crypt’s to add? I’m trying to keep with the lush green theme, mainly to fill in around the driftwood on the left and in between the large and smaller piece of dragonstone.

Pfrozen

LadfromLondon said:
Cheers guys! Any ideas for what Crypt’s to add? I’m trying to keep with the lush green theme, mainly to fill in around the driftwood on the left and in between the large and smaller piece of dragonstone.
C. Parva should be a suitable size I would think I don't think I would do anything of the large crypts with that scape

Kribensis27

LadfromLondon said:
I think wendtii would look good between the stones, faded out to the front with parva.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom