Howdy Hey! I'm A Little New To Aquariums!

deerlybeloved

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Deer and I'm pretty new to aquariums... Sort of? My mom studied ichthyology and always kept fish (She was unable to get her doctorate for financial reasons) my entire childhood, but mostly tropical/exotic fish nearly 9 nears ago when she had to stop for financial reasons (again). I've never been really interested in fish until recently, when my mom started keeping her tanks again now that we're more secure, and it really kick started my research and interest in ichthyology!

I have a 10 gallon tank right now with three gold dust mollies (RIP Ol' One Eye, you will be missed), one dalmatian molly, two guppies, and a cute little albino mystery snail. I know, I know, kinda boring tank, but I love it.

I'm hoping to get a betta soon since I love them so much, but we'll have to see how much room I have for the tank.

I hope to talk to people soon!

Orion1066

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
deerlybeloved said:
Hello! My name is Deer and I'm pretty new to aquariums... Sort of? My mom studied ichthyology and always kept fish (She was unable to get her doctorate for financial reasons) my entire childhood, but mostly tropical/exotic fish nearly 9 nears ago when she had to stop for financial reasons (again). I've never been really interested in fish until recently, when my mom started keeping her tanks again now that we're more secure, and it really kick started my research and interest in ichthyology!

I have a 10 gallon tank right now with three gold dust mollies (RIP Ol' One Eye, you will be missed), one dalmatian molly, two guppies, and a cute little albino mystery snail. I know, I know, kinda boring tank, but I love it.

I'm hoping to get a betta soon since I love them so much, but we'll have to see how much room I have for the tank.

I hope to talk to people soon!
Hello! I definitely agree with your idea of getting a Betta. Of course, I am a bit biased. Still, I find that Bettas are most interesting and personable. I would love to hear what y'all think about whether or not Bettas can recognize, and relate to, their keepers.

You can follow that conversation here:

How Attached Are They To Us? | Betta Fish 419504

New Threads