Experience
2 years
Hello everyone,

New to the site but not to the hobby.
I currently have 3 tanks.

40g breeder - planted with otos, cories, and plecos
20g long - some java ferns, moss, and shrimps
20g standard - with marbled crays

Looking forward to gaining some new ideas for the tanks from you all.

I go by T and I don't bite =)

Just wanted to throw this out there since my friends from out of states assumed this from Texans.
We all don't ride or own horses and we are not all cowboys and cowgirls here =)
We have cities with malls, stores, attractions and whatnot like many other states =)
We do have a good amount of land in some areas where agriculture takes place though =)
We say "Y'all" instead of "you all" and we don't greet each other with "Howdy!"

With that all said, greetings from TX!

EricV

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Howdy from another Texan lol. Yeehaw!! Haha just kidding I'm originally from Pittsburgh and I'm just down here temporarily.

AshWolFF

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

I actually have a house down in San Antonio! I take trips down there every two months. Texas was the first place I came to when I moved to America.

becky3086

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome! I'm not a Texan but at the moment my son is. He is stationed at Ft. Hood. Well he was...will be headed to Afghanistan soon
Anyway, welcome and look forward to hearing more about your tanks. A marbled crayfish was the first thing I had in my first 10 gallon but I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks and I think it must have died. Anyway, welcome and I hope you enjoy it here

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A big hello from California!!!
Not everyone surfs, We don't all lounge around in our bikinis ( think desperate housewives )
We aren't all materialistic ( think Material girl )
Yes, the median price for a house is in the upper 500k - 600k
Not everyone has plastic surgery
It's not always sunny - we do get seasons!
And yes, we have LOTS of traffic....... but we deal.......

I love it here - born and raised in Northern California but I wouldn't leave it for the world!

Junne

Krysty

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome from North Carolina!

We are not all country hicks and we don't all wear camouflage, hunt and worship Duck Dynasty and similar shows...

We do however have some of the most unique history in our country, and the coolest beaches! I love my OBX!!!!

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome from MT! We don't all have horses and aren't all cowboys/cowgirls either (but a lot of us are )

Livebearers

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Do you wear a hat? lol

Welcome to FishLore T!
haha! Lucy, we definitely don't wear hats unless it's a special occasion like the Rodeo or unless you're living in the countryside or was raised to do so.
I'd like to think that we're not that different from "y'all." =)
We love our barbque and depending on where you go, you'll be sure to find cows grazing. =)
We definitely love our sport teams: Rockets, Texans, Dynamos, Astros, Aeros
We have lots of mosquitos and the weather......well if you're not from around here it's sucks =)

Howdy from another Texan lol. Yeehaw!! Haha just kidding I'm originally from Pittsburgh and I'm just down here temporarily.
Hey Eric,
Glad to find another Texan on board.
How do you like it down here? =X
Enjoying the humidity? =)

Hello!

I actually have a house down in San Antonio! I take trips down there every two months. Texas was the first place I came to when I moved to America.

Ash,
Glad to hear someone else can relate to Texas.
San Antonio has nice attractions : Six Flags, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, The Alamo, Japanese Garden, Schliterbahn etc.
Can you confirm to our friends that what I shared was true? =)

Livebearers

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome! I'm not a Texan but at the moment my son is. He is stationed at Ft. Hood. Well he was...will be headed to Afghanistan soon
Anyway, welcome and look forward to hearing more about your tanks. A marbled crayfish was the first thing I had in my first 10 gallon but I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks and I think it must have died. Anyway, welcome and I hope you enjoy it here
Hi Becky,
On behalf of us Texans and Americans, we honor you, your son, and your family. Thank you for supporting your son through this path. We all wish him the best. We love you all!
Marbled Crays are really interesting. =)
I've had a guy down here that raises them and eats them =)
Others breed them for the usual reasons: Feed them to other fishes and/or use them for bait for fishing.
I have a good amount here to share with you if you're interested in giving them another try =)

A big hello from California!!!
Not everyone surfs, We don't all lounge around in our bikinis ( think desperate housewives )
We aren't all materialistic ( think Material girl )
Yes, the median price for a house is in the upper 500k - 600k
Not everyone has plastic surgery
It's not always sunny - we do get seasons!
And yes, we have LOTS of traffic....... but we deal.......

I love it here - born and raised in Northern California but I wouldn't leave it for the world!

Junne
Junne,
Thanks for clearing up so much about California, particularly Northern Cali.
I would've easily assumed that you guys had like Spring year round. =)
LOL on the plastic surgery.
We too share in with the joy of traffic here on a daily basis.
I'm from Houston and I believe we have a little over 7 million here if I'm not correct.
You can imagine the traffic we get. =)
It's also true that there's no place like home. =)

Livebearers

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HELLO!!! =)
I see you're from Austin!

Welcome from MT! We don't all have horses and aren't all cowboys/cowgirls either (but a lot of us are )
Now here's a true cowboy/cowgirl here!
Glad to have you reveal your true identity! =)
I'm feeling a lot more welcomed now thanks to people like yourself.
Thanks guys and gals.
You guys are fabulous people!

Hello from a fellow Texan (born here). You're in good company.
Thanks for sharing! Another Texan in the house. woo hoo!

Welcome from North Carolina!

We are not all country hicks and we don't all wear camouflage, hunt and worship Duck Dynasty and similar shows...

We do however have some of the most unique history in our country, and the coolest beaches! I love my OBX!!!!
Krysty,
Man thanks for clearing up that "y'all" aren't all hicks =)
Nice to have learned about NC.
I'm guessing y'all enjoy eating blue crabs there as well?
By the way, we call Coke, Spirte, RootBeer as "soda water" =)
I know further up North you all call it "Pop?"

Hi and Welcome to Fishlore!
Hello to you as well!

AshWolFF

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Actually San Antonio is stereotypically cowboyish. You can find that mantra on every ad and tourist related thing in SA. I think 3% of the population goes around looking like cowboys and girls. SA is actually a big cement city you only see the nice stuff until your out into the country. THough I agree the weather sucks. It's raining one moment and the next day its 90 degrees AMD humid.

Though I enjoy all of the cities pros and cons.

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's always pop around here, usually if someone calls it soda they get asked where they are from lol

Ashley45

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was born in SA! Grew up in Bandera and yes I was stereotypical Texan Haha cows chickens pigs goats horses all in the hill country! Haha.... now I'm on the coast though and LOVE the fishing! Near the Galveston area... welcome to fishlore!

frampy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome. I live in ohio now but i am from maryland. Yall have both kinds of music down there right country and western lol. I think you will like it here.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom