How'd you manage that, little fishy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loachaholic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So yesterday Mom came over and gave me one of the egg clusters the Mystery snails have been laying lately. I got a piece of plastic craft mesh and put it in the floating breeder trap to keep it up out of the water, but close enough it would stay a little moist and they'd be able to crawl in once they hatched.

Well, this morning I get up and check on everyone, and I see a little motion in the breeder trap. Turns out it was Curtis, my small oto cat! I'm completely baffled as to how or why he ended up in there, since the only way he coulda gotten in would have been to actually jump out of the water! I didn't even think otos COULD jump! XD So I very carefully poured him out and he hasn't tried it again, but now I have to make daily checks to make sure no one else has that same bright idea!

OP
L

loachaholic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He's not a cory, he's an oto cat. I think I'd be less confused if he had been a cory, they look like they're geared a bit more towards that kind of swimming, and they're bigger, but an oto cat? They just kinda float around and suck on things! And the jump he would had to have made was about a 1/2", he's a tiny little guy who's only maybe 1" long o_O

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ohh, I miss read. My otos can get pretty rowdy at night, but still! lol

OP
L

loachaholic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I know! I'm just glad he jumped in the side he did, where I'd cut out the corners of the mesh to make it fit better, otherwise he woulda been stuck in a shot's worth of space between the mesh and the side of the breeder. Course then he might've been able to jump out... once he was underneath the mesh the poor little guy was trapped until I came along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.8%

Top Bottom