How You Got Your Username :)

KinsKicks

Hello all!

So I go around a lot on the site and see really interesting usernames and I'm always really curious to know where that person got their name from. So I thought it would be kinda fun to start a thread where you give the creative inspiration for your name, numbers, symbols, the whole shebang.

I'll start:
My grandfather used to call me KinsKicks (the "Kins" part is a portion of my real name) when we played video games or regular games because I "used to kick his butt" (although I'm pretty sure he let me win ) and I've used it for everything from gamertags to usernames on sites, etc.

So feel free to share, I hope I'm not the only one curious about people's names Thanks!

lookijustneedhelp

mines self-explanatory (that fish is dead now, sip)

2211Nighthawk

I'm a huge Transformers fangirl and Nighthawk is my name I write under on FanFiction. The name of one of my characters. 22/11 is my birthday because Nighthawk was taken already. it's always available and that way I'm not remembering half a dozen different usernames.

Bruxes and Bubbles

I love rats and I love fish. 'Bruxing' is a sound that rats make when they're happy (sounds like teeth grinding). Bubbles is self explanatory.

MrCoryCats

Mine is quite simple,I enjoy corydoras catfish quite a bit and I'm male so that's how mine came to be.

heeerefishyfishy

From Bert & Ernie sitting in a boat on Sesame Street.

KinsKicks

Bruxes and Bubbles said:
I love rats and I love fish. 'Bruxing' is a sound that rats make when they're happy (sounds like teeth grinding). Bubbles is self explanatory.
THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW!!! I always wanted to know what "bruxing" was and thought it was a cool word you made up lolz; I knew you kept rats but never made the connection. You learn something everyday

Bruxes and Bubbles

KinsKicks said:
THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW!!! I always wanted to know what "bruxing" was and thought it was a cool word you made up lolz; I knew you kept rats but never made the connection. You learn something everyday
Haha, yeah! I didn't know what it was until I kept rats, either. Boggling is when they brux and their eyes bug out.

Here's a video of someone's rats bruxing and boggling.

KinsKicks

Bruxes and Bubbles said:
Haha, yeah! I didn't know what it was until I kept rats, either. Boggling is when they brux and their eyes bug out.

Here's a video of someone's rats bruxing and boggling.

omg that's so cute. Boggling is kinda scary looking but cute at the same time

FishObbessed

Well, my name says it all, I'm obsessed with fish!!

sassymomma

I use my username all over the place...it originates on a gaming site, actually-animaljam, where I played to help my kids. I was looking for something that would make it clear that I wasn't a child.

Sassy was my cat back then- a beautiful black girl, whom we thought had some Bombay in her. "momma" announced me as an adult player, so that children did not think that I was one of them and invite me into their conversations

I now use this username on here, and on howrse- the game that I play as my personal down-time

On a side-note: My rat that I kept as a teen made that teeth chittering noise, and a funny whistling/whoofing noise through forced breathing...to get attention I think. His name was Snowball, because he was a big, round albino

AllieSten

Mine is my first and last name together. Allison Sten.. and it is a play on Allison too. I use Allisten usually on most sites, but when I signed up I had issues with my FB being linked. So it said my username was already in use. So I had to add the 'e' to Allie.

Geoff

Mine is my actual first name, short for Geoffrey. No creativity there!

KinsKicks

Geoff said:
Mine is my actual first name, short for Geoffrey. No creativity there!
I like it . Was always a little curious

Geoff

KinsKicks said:
I like it . Was always a little curious
Yeah it's not a very common name. It's the British spelling of Jeffrey and is pronounced the same way.

Namtab

I was wearing a batman T-shirt and read it backwards in the mirror, "Namtab" It is now my screen name for most websites, forums, and games.

2211Nighthawk

Namtab said:
I was wearing a batman T-shirt and read it backwards in the mirror, "Namtab" It is now my screen name for most websites, forums, and games.
I love it!

Geoff said:
Yeah it's not a very common name. It's the British spelling of Jeffrey and is pronounced the same way.
My neighbour spells his name Geoff.

Shardicle

Wow nice name.

Bruxes and Bubbles

sassymomma said:
I use my username all over the place...it originates on a gaming site, actually-animaljam, where I played to help my kids. I was looking for something that would make it clear that I wasn't a child.

Sassy was my cat back then- a beautiful black girl, whom we thought had some Bombay in her. "momma" announced me as an adult player, so that children did not think that I was one of them and invite me into their conversations

I now use this username on here, and on howrse- the game that I play as my personal down-time

On a side-note: My rat that I kept as a teen made that teeth chittering noise, and a funny whistling/whoofing noise through forced breathing...to get attention I think. His name was Snowball, because he was a big, round albino
I play on Howrse, too!

OnTheFly

I am an avid fly fisherman so I use this ID on a number of forums because it's easy to remember.

sassymomma

You should look me up

I'm on Canadian, international and U.K. Servers....though my main game is on ca

Bruxes and Bubbles

sassymomma said:
You should look me up

I'm on Canadian, international and U.K. Servers....though my main game is on ca
I did, haha! I'm disco513. I play on international.

KaderTheAnt

My name is actually Kader Ant Waylon. At school in 1st grade, my teacher accidentally called me Kader the ant. After that, it just kinda stuck

2211Nighthawk

KaderTheAnt said:
My name is actually Kader Ant Waylon. At school in 1st grade, my teacher accidentally called me Kader the ant. After that, it just kinda stuck
Ha! I know we've had some weird names at school. I was Shannon-Bananin. ONLY he was allowed to call me that.

Cori Elizabeth

I think when I first came to the forum I was Courtney Gane, which is my birth name. However I'm changing my name legally so I changed my username to CorI Elizabeth. Usually I would have the user name cookiecherrypie or catchhappyoranges because those are my design tags.

MattS99

My name's self explanitory. I almost named myself PrettyPlaties though. From that Spongebob episode with the different colored Krabby Patties called 'Pretty Patties', and my love for platies.

Books&Fish

My name was KeepSwimming a few hours ago, but since there are so many variations of that name already in use, I decided to change mine to one that's more "me." I like books and fish, so nice and simple.

KinsKicks

MattS99 said:
My name's self explanitory. I almost named myself PrettyPlaties though. From that Spongebob episode with the different colored Krabby Patties called 'Pretty Patties', and my love for platies.
Ha! That would have been pretty cool lol . And creative as well.

Punkin

Punkin is my cat's name.

RedLoredAmazon

I got my name from the parrot that I have. He/she is a Red Lored Amazon parrot.

Discusluv

Because of love for discus. How original, huh?

Fishpuns

I'm pretty mercurial and couldn't decide what to make my name so I ended up changing it a dozen times before finishing my profile...then I realized they were all just different fish puns.

I am who I am

Anders247

AngelTheGypsy

My name is Angel, and growing up we moved every summer following my dad's construction jobs. He did heavy dusty construction, like a Ford paint facility, intel clean room facility, even a state prison in California. Hence, I grew up a gypsy! . From Washington State to Georgia, upstate New York to Southern California. Even spent 2 years in Japan! I've been in my current home town for 15 years, so now I'm a "rooted gypsy!"

goldface

Every masterpiece has to have a flaw.
I have a scar that runs across my left cheek, which my ex jokingly refered to as a Nike symbol, and it's a good way to describe it. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds though, and I'm practically unaware of it most of the time, so I don't mind it at all. I actually tried using my first name in the beginning, both full and shortened, but they were taken. Didn't want to fuss with numbers, so I went with the next easiest to remember choice. To be honest, I was kind of surprised that the name wasn't taken already.

KinsKicks

scarface said:
I have a scar that runs across my left cheek, which my ex jokingly refered to as a Nike symbol, and it's a good way to describe it. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds though, and I'm practically unaware of it most of the time, so I don't mind it at all. I actually tried using my first name in the beginning, both full and shortened, but they were taken. Didn't want to fuss with numbers, so I went with the next easiest to remember choice. To be honest, I was kind of surprised that the name wasn't taken already.
That's really cool! I thought it was based off of the movie

2211Nighthawk

scarface said:
What, no horrific "40 staples but you should have seen the other guy" back story?

goldface

KinsKicks said:
That's really cool! I thought it was based off of the movie
I never actually seen the full movie, haha
2211Nighthawk said:
What, no horrific "40 staples but you should have seen the other guy" back story?
Nah, it wasn't anything like that lol. Would be a nice story though.

Fashooga

When Will Ferrell had that movie "Semi-Pro" he did a series of Old Spice Commercials in which he would say stupid stuff like "Don't smell like a turtle cage, Old Spice!"

On of the commercials he would mimic a rocket or something stupid and say fashooogaowwwwaaaa...that's how I came up with it...dropped the rest to simplify it.

KinsKicks

Fashooga said:
When Will Ferrell had that movie "Semi-Pro" he did a series of Old Spice Commercials in which he would say stupid stuff like "Don't smell like a turtle cage, Old Spice!"

On of the commercials he would mimic a rocket or something stupid and say fashooogaowwwwaaaa...that's how I came up with it...dropped the rest to simplify it.
I was hoping you were going to post! Your name was definetly one I was super curious about when I first saw it .
That is such a great story hahah

BluMan1914

My user name comes from the colors of my fraternity...PhI Beta Sigma Inc. Our colors are Pure White and Royal Blue. Blue being the main color. The 1914 comes from the year we were founded.

penguin02

Penguins are my favorite animal in the world. 2 is my lucky number. Usually Penguin2 is taken, so I jumped straight to Penguin02 when I joined the site

Mifuluhu

Mi-miki, my name. Fu-fugly, my cats name. Lu-Lupy, dogs name. Hu-hummer, dogs name.

Ohio Mark

My first name is Mark. I live in Ohio... Now I'm realizing what a boring user name I chose!

Briggs

I have always had this thing where nicknames don't stick to me very well. I told my boyfriend this years ago when we started dating and he took this as A Challenge. We are both fans of old-school Doctor Who, so at one point he settled on Brigadier (my first name is actually Bridget) which then over the years got shortened to Briggs.

fissh

Fissh. because Fish was already taken.

KinsKicks

Briggs said:
I have always had this thing where nicknames don't stick to me very well. I told my boyfriend this years ago when we started dating and he took this as A Challenge. We are both fans of old-school Doctor Who, so at one point he settled on Brigadier (my first name is actually Bridget) which then over the years got shortened to Briggs.
Wow! I love doctor who! Lol who would've guessed

Burger Wife

I'm actually a 12 year old student and my initials are BW then one day a bunch of girls started calling me burger wife as in "hI BURGER WIFE YOUR BURGER PATTY OILS ARE SQUIRTING EVERYWHERE EWW GET AWAY FROM US" then they would run away. I didn't have anything better to put as my username apart from Muthu's Curry so yeah

KinsKicks

Burger Wife said:
I'm actually a 12 year old student and my initials are BW then one day a bunch of girls started calling me burger wife as in "hI BURGER WIFE YOUR BURGER PATTY OILS ARE SQUIRTING EVERYWHERE EWW GET AWAY FROM US" then they would run away. I didn't have anything better to put as my username apart from Muthu's Curry so yeah
. I'm sorry. Those girls suck and they'll get their come uppance for being so mean. You sound like a smart person who is capable of understanding a complex hobby which I applaud you for! I bet all those girls know how to do is tie their shoes.

Burger Wife

It's actually quite funny. Like they are my friends as well. Btw I am a boy

Dont get me wrong, we are friends and they were not being mean, just teasing between friends.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom