Question How would surviving fish behave?

AlejandroRodriguez

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A year and a half ago i got a desease on my 20 gallon tank, I couldn't identify it and my fish started dying (slowly but consistently) I didn't knew what to do and I read somewhere that when all the live stock is infected you should move the fish somewhere else treat them there and then desinfect the tank, because the desease could still be in the tank (makes sense to me and it's less expensive to treat a 10 gallon than 20) I watched some videos and started treating the fish, almost none of them survived, I've kept them in the quarantine tank since then.

I setted up the 20 gallon and stocked it with zebra danios, and I completely love the tank

The problem is that I'm sick of watching a single Serpae and 3 Buenos Aires Tetra in that ten gallon, they get along perfectly (serpaes are known for fin nipping when you don't keep them in schools but isn't the case here).
Could I add them to the 20 gallon??

I don't see myself buying a school of both serpae and buenos aires again, don't know what to do with them, can't gift them away and don't want to keep them in that 10 gallon

Pd.: already tried to rehome them, my lfs doesn't takes fish back because they quarantine all there fish and they won't go through the hassle of quarantining 4 tetras

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see no reason not to transfer the surviving tetras over to the bigger tank, as long as they look healthy.
Probably no need to break down & sterilize the smaller tank. A big water change, and keep vacant for three or four weeks should be fine.

Debbie1986

Well Known
Reaction score
Frankly, if you could not id the disease, it may have been a water issue.

last June they added more chlorine to local water, poof my fish died.

New Threads