How wierd are you?

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by hampalong, Jul 31, 2015.

1. hampalong

hampalongWell Known MemberMember

I'm not really wierd. Different yes, but not wierd.

I started keeping fish when I was 10. All the Latin names are still in my head. I hardly ever forget one, and then it's only temporarily. I only have to see a Latin name once and I'll remember it forever.

I started doing Latin at school when I was 11. I was totally hopeless at it.

2. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Of course I am weird....I am a semi driver, it is a job requirement :;frog5

3. Slug

SlugWell Known MemberMember

Question is, can you pronounce them all? ;)

Weird? I think everyone is! We all have our quirks.

4. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I take Latin..... I usually remember scientific names too.
    And yes, I would consider myself weird, lol.

5. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Ooh, I am!!! Everyone says so, even me! :D I am a huge Lady Gaga fan (if you like her, that's a sign of being weird), love weird clothes (facial piercings included), the smell of the air coming from the vacuum cleaner and the smell of garlic and freshly chopped onions, and lots of other things. Like yesterday at Walmart, I was checking on the bettas there and picking up each cup and talking softly to them, calling them things like, "love, baby, beautiful". And then I noticed my sister standing right next to me and she looked at me like I was out of my mind for talking to fish, but I know I'm not........ Oh, and I also have this thing where I'm not too shy to just go out there and do something, like how I started dancing in the middle of the aisle at Kohl's, like really dancing. Lol. Yeah, I'm weird.

6. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

You guys aren't weird you're just following your own drummer. Alison;)

7. Tiny goatfish

Tiny goatfishWell Known MemberMember

I guess I'm "weird" LOL. At least my brother thinks so.

Here are the reasons he thinks I'm "weird".
    For one I'm REALLY short for my age.
    I spend a lot of my time on Fishlore.
    I'm not into "teenager" things.
    I'm shy.
    I don't think I'm weird though. THEY (most teenagers) Are the weird ones ;).
    Oh and i still play with dolls and make tons of things for them, and have a huge stuffed animal collection.
    Also i have MTS VERY badly.....

8. OP
    OP
    hampalong

So am I, I think. I drive artics? Is a semi the same as a "big-rig"?

Yes. :)

I drink a lot of coffee. Always have. If I don't have one shortly before bed I won't sleep.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
  9. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

I'm very weird. And I'm OK with that.

10. Gena

GenaWell Known MemberMember

I'm five inches shorter than the projected final height my pediatrician gave me when I was a toddler. Oops?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

11. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I would not say I'm weird; I prefer warped. At least, my sense of humor is. Unlike a lot of people these days, however, I cringe at stupid folks hurting themselves rather than laughing at it. If that's weird, than I'm glad I'm weird.

I tend to look at things differently than most people. I often see the one detail that others have missed. This has served me well when experimenting with the breeding of "difficult" species.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say my weirdness rates an 8.

12. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I would say everyone is weird in their own way....

13. Thunder_o_b

Yup. Semi tractor trailer.

What do you usually haul?

14. Rivieraneo

RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

Lol, you guys and gals make me giggle. No one is "weird" we are all unique in our own ways. The sooner we realize that, the faster we stop thinking people are weird lol.

Personally, aside from fish keeping, one of my other hobbies is horror anything, events, movies, conventions. It is my wife and I's hobby, if you ever met me, you would never know... Weird huh? ;)

15. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Im different. I do psychological testing and therapy for a living, i think i would know if i got too weird.

as soon as plecs get recognized as a therapy animal, im all in.

16. OP
    OP
    hampalong

I'm agency so it varies. Mostly mail to hubs, or general haulage to store distribution depots.

17. Thunder_o_b

My youngest son hauls mail in a straight truck. He is a class 'A' holder like me but 3 weeks in a semi and he decided it was not for him and took the straight truck job.

I am what is called a swap driver. Some companies call us volume drivers. I take full loads 76 miles, drop them, hook to an empty and return. I do this 2-3 times a day. I then help the city drivers with pick ups. I have to be able to every driving job and every route at the terminal if needed. Even though I am the senior driver I do my best to pull my weight. Generally I work 12-14 hours a day and Saturdays when needed.

18. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

Good grief, when do you get time to take care of the fish.?:confused:...Alison

19. OP
    OP
    hampalong

Right now I'm double-manning mail until Christmas., 5 hr drive, break, back up the road with a return load. There's not a lot of actual work you can do with that.... :)

20. Thunder_o_b

It has been a chalange. I had to shut down a 30, 44, and a 55 gallon. Even with only 5tanks i am having trouble keeping up :(

Well be safe. Do not feed the bears and don't let the 4 wheelers get to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice