How was everyone's 4th of July?

1. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

Mine was lame :( Huge thunderstorm started in the middle of grilling, power went out for half the night and it rained too much to use any fireworks.

Just curious as to if you guys had any fun. ;D

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Yours sounds a lot like mine lol! Well, when the sky had cleared up a little during the say we went swimming. And then, since we weren't going anywhere to watch fireworks, my dad grilled chicken and hotdogs. But we could see and hear the fireworks quite well from our windows, so we were just hearing the fireworks until BOOM!!! Thunder. And then it started raining, really, really hard. Dinner was almost ready though, so we just ate and listened to the rain and thunder and fireworks and watched the lightening flash. And then we went to watch the fireworks from the window. It was quite a "show" for the ears lol! We heard thunder, rain, fireworks, a car alarm, and a siren that night! So that was our 4th of July.......

3. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Mine was Okay. We just stayed home and looked at people blow up fireworks and did a little cookout.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Mine was boring, we stayed home all day.
    I did go to a baseball game the night before though....

5. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

Mine was good. I bought fish! Then I went to a BBQ and then I watched the town fireworks from my deck with a few brewskis. Rained in the morning but it cleared up nicely by mid-afternoon.

6. OP
    OP
    LiterallyHydro

I wanna buy fish. :(

7. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Got up early, made the kudos clean the yard LOL that made for some early fireworks :)

Then, did water changes, warmed up the grill and made a large tri tip, wife made some ranch beans and garlic toast. Then, I'm fortunate enough to live a mile away from a large fireworks event, so sat on my patio with the kids and watched a pretty good 1/2hr fireworks show.

8. OP
    OP
    LiterallyHydro

Nice! If only things went that smoothly here.

9. Jsigmo

Jsigmo Well Known Member Member

The good news: I got almost four days off! :)

The bad news: I missed seeing the baby crayfish emerge in an aquarium at work.

I guess I'll get to see them when I go in on Monday, though, if they make it.

10. J

JMcRae Valued Member Member

Good. Milady, the kids and some family in the pool most of the afternoon. Burgers and dogs, etc. - then we lit off the legal fireworks. Neighbors a few blocks over had some serious stuff :)

Did a will call at Bobs Tropical Plants just now - I'll be updating my profile in a bit.... :;rocker