How To Weaken Filter Input

w_johnson07

I have a HOB filter (TopFin silentstream power 10) and I have a betta who likes to sit by it and he has gotten his tail stuck to it once already. What do y'all recommend I do to prevent this issue?

75g Discus Tank

If you want to spend some money, a prefilter spong will work.

If you want it to be natural, put a ton of moss over it.

w_johnson07

75g Discus Tank said:
If you want to spend some money, a prefilter spong will work.

If you want it to be natural, put a ton of moss over it.
What prefilter sponge would you recommend for the filter

Fanatic

w_johnson07 said:
What prefilter sponge would you recommend for the filter
I was able to buy a Fluval sponge for $1.50

w_johnson07

Fanatic said:
I was able to buy a Fluval sponge for $1.50
From where and which one should I get?

TexasDomer

What kind of betta do you have? If he's getting stuck to the filter, he may be sick. Healthy fish, even bettas, shouldn't get stuck to the intake of a filter like that.

w_johnson07

TexasDomer said:
What kind of betta do you have? If he's getting stuck to the filter, he may be sick. Healthy fish, even bettas, shouldn't get stuck to the intake of a filter like that.
He is a crowntail and he gets off its just that one or two of his tail strings (I don't know what they are called) will get sucked in and he pulls off I just want to prevent it.

TexasDomer

w_johnson07

Yes, 0/0/12 I just got him today so he may be a little stressed with the new tank, I also have 4 penguin tetras in there but they will most likely be gone tomorrow.

TexasDomer

Can I ask how you're measuring 12 ppm nitrates? I'm not familiar with that equipment.

How did you cycle the tank?

w_johnson07

TexasDomer said:
Can I ask how you're measuring 12 ppm nitrates? I'm not familiar with that equipment.

How did you cycle the tank?
I got my water tested today and it was in between 10-15 range so I just said 12 as a in-between. I used Tetra SafeStart+ and I haven't had any issues with water parameters at all.

TexasDomer

How did you cycle the tank though? Did you add an ammonia source? When did you add TSS+?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom