How to use this site?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crabbyj, Apr 19, 2006.

1. CrabbyjNew MemberMember

Hi,

I can't figure out why some posts have a scroll bar that I can use to see the words and other posts don't. I'm having problems viewing all the words on some posts because I have to play around with the mouse trying to scroll on the words instead of using a scroll bar.

I hope someone can make sense of what I'm saying and help with this, lol!

What am I doing wrong?

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Crabby,
    I don't have a clue. I have a scroll bar on each post I go to.

3. CrabbyjNew MemberMember

Oh darn, sometimes I have one and sometimes I don't. It's probably my internet browser. Wierd things always happen like that. I'll try using Internet Explorer and see if it's better.

4. CraigWell Known MemberMember

if u use internet explorer it will work better as i use internet explorer and hav no problems

C W

5. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Hmmmm - do you know what your screen resolution is set at?  You can find out by going to your desktop and right-clicking on the desktop.  Then select "Properties", then select "Settings" and you should see a screen resolution area.  If it's set at anything lower than 800 x 600 you may have problems viewing web pages.  Try bumping it up a level.

What browsers are you guys using? Firefox, Netscape, etc.?

I see vertical scroll bars and sometimes horizontal scroll bars in posts with images but nothing that obscures the posts...

6. CraigWell Known MemberMember

i havent experienced any problems with the posts mike just 4 images as well but my resolution is 1280x1024 try that and c if it works better also

C W

7. CrabbyjNew MemberMember

I have compuserve which uses the netscape browser. But it has always done strange things. I'll check the screen resolution and if that doesn't work, IE.

8. MarcWell Known MemberMember

The post will have scroll bars on just itself if it is too large. This forum script tries to make it so you don't have to scroll the whole page sideways. If you use a small resolution it will happen often, especially if there are any pictures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice