How To Use Api Gh And Kh Test Kit?

Ryanater

It does not seem to be like the other API kits where u just add a certain amount of drops and shake it then let it form into a color.This kit I bought seperatly,I bought a masterkit for ph,high range ph,ammonia,nitrate and nitrite.Then yesterday I got a GH and KH test kit.It did not come with paper to tell me what each color ment.I ordered it off amazon.If someone could give me simple instructions on how to use it and what colors mean what.Thankyou

brook.lyn

Could you take a picture? If it's API I may have the instructions for ammonia nitrite and nitrate

Anders247

For KH, you are supposed to count the number of drops it takes for the water in the vial to turn bright yellow.
For GH, you are supposed to count the number of drops it takes for the water in the vial to turn green.

Here's a pdf for you to use:

aquatickeeper

I don't think you stop once it turns "bright yellow". You stop testing once you get a yellow color.

bgclarke

The trick with the GH and KH test kit is patience.

Add a drop, put the cap on, shake, take note of the colour.
If not yellowish or greenish (depending on the test), take the cap off the tube and repeat until you see the respective colour.

Anders247

I don't think you stop once it turns "bright yellow". You stop testing once you get a yellow color.
It says in the instructions 'bright yellow'. It does turn a faint yellow color just before you get it to turn bright yellow so that is what they mean.

aquatickeeper

It says in the instructions 'bright yellow'. It does turn a faint yellow color just before you get it to turn bright yellow so that is what they mean.
No, it doesn't. Instructions say test is done when it turns from "blue to yellow"

Anders247

If you look at the pdf I gave, and for that matter, the booklet I have in my hand, it clearly says bright yellow.
It's for the KH.

aquatickeeper

If you look at the pdf I gave, and for that matter, the booklet I have in my hand, it clearly says bright yellow.
It's for the KH.
Oh, okay, I didn't look at the bottom part of the directions. I just stopped at #5, where it says that you turn it from blue to yellow

Anders247

Oh, well that explains it.

Ryanater

Could you take a picture? If it's API I may have the instructions for ammonia nitrite and nitrate
I know how to use the other kits

Thanks everyone!

aquatickeeper

No problem! Did the pdf help you?
It should help, it has the whole instructions on there

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
  • Question
Replies