How to treat Sick Galaxy Rasbora with good parameters?

FedExz

I'm looking for some help treating a galaxy rasbora that's been getting sicker for about a week, and doesn't seem to be recovering.

My water parameters are:
Ph: 7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Kh: 8*
Gh: 8*
Temp: 82* F

He appears to be suffering from fin rot, and his tail is heavily deteriorated and pecs are basically twigs. Also he is bleached and nearly floating most of the time, and no longer eating. I don't see any tell-tale symptoms of what desease it actually is, no spots like ich or signs of whether fungal/baterial that I can see.

All my other rasboras seem perfectly happy and are even breeding. No other sick, fin rotted or lathargic individuals.

I added Pimafix to the tank as a possible treatment for the first 2 days, before isolating him in a 1l hang on container and continuing treatment for the following 3 days in there as I did not want to treat the whole tank. I am unsure if Pimafix is useful at all, but I figured it was worth a shot. I am unsure if I should continue his isolation as it might be imposing more stress, or run the risk of releasing him and spreading the illness

I also added a bit aditional Salawasi salt as it is a salawasi parameter tank, raising the KH/GH from 6 to about 8, although I'm unsure if the "salt" (Dennerle Shrimp King Sulwesi Salt) actually contains any sodium salt and can't find any claims to exactly what's in it, so now I'm at a loss as to whether to add a bit of aquarium salt in addition although I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Anyone have advice to what exactly this is and what might be recommended to treat him? Also opinions on leaving him in the hang on container.

Attachments

• 20210731_204302.jpg
    20210731_204302.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210731_204233.jpg
    20210731_204233.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210731_204345.jpg
    20210731_204345.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210731_204230.jpg
    20210731_204230.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210731_204414.jpg
    20210731_204414.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 22

Yeoy

I'm looking for some help treating a galaxy rasbora that's been getting sicker for about a week, and doesn't seem to be recovering.

My water parameters are:
Ph: 7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Kh: 8*
Gh: 8*
Temp: 82* F

He appears to be suffering from fin rot, and his tail is heavily deteriorated and pecs are basically twigs. Also he is bleached and nearly floating most of the time, and no longer eating. I don't see any tell-tale symptoms of what desease it actually is, no spots like ich or signs of whether fungal/baterial that I can see.

All my other rasboras seem perfectly happy and are even breeding. No other sick, fin rotted or lathargic individuals.

I added Pimafix to the tank as a possible treatment for the first 2 days, before isolating him in a 1l hang on container and continuing treatment for the following 3 days in there as I did not want to treat the whole tank. I am unsure if Pimafix is useful at all, but I figured it was worth a shot. I am unsure if I should continue his isolation as it might be imposing more stress, or run the risk of releasing him and spreading the illness

I also added a bit aditional Salawasi salt as it is a salawasi parameter tank, raising the KH/GH from 6 to about 8, although I'm unsure if the "salt" (Dennerle Shrimp King Sulwesi Salt) actually contains any sodium salt and can't find any claims to exactly what's in it, so now I'm at a loss as to whether to add a bit of aquarium salt in addition although I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Anyone have advice to what exactly this is and what might be recommended to treat him? Also opinions on leaving him in the hang on container.
How big is the tank and what else is living in it? Male CPDs can be very, very vicious with each other. If there's an over-abundance of males, or nowhere for the submissive males to escape, the dominant one(s) could be beating him up.

FedExz

How big is the tank and what else is living in it? Male CPDs can be very, very vicious with each other. If there's an over-abundance of males, or nowhere for the submissive males to escape, the dominant one(s) could be beating him up.

10 gallon tank and nothing else at the moment it's just set up for future Salawasi shrimp. There are 3 adults (the originals in about 8 months) and 1-almost adult, and 3-4 juviniles from breeding in the tank. He is one of the adult males, and the slightly larger of the 2.
I previously saw them display at each other but never fight, also the attrition on his fins is really uniform doesnt really look like injuries. Also looks like there might be a touch of deterioration on the nose. My best guess is a fin rot infection, but I don't know how to determine bacterial or fungal since I can't see any defining characteristics. With him not eating I'm not sure I'll have long to treat it if I get it wrong.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
YellowFish13
Replies