How to treat bloating in fish

Nikn

How do you treat bloating in fish. My blue gourami is definitely bloated and I want to help her. I won't feed the tank for a couple of days, but other then that is there anything else I should do. I may be able to put the sick fish in a quarantine tank with only an air stone or something like that, but without a heater. Or should I treat the whole tank?

Thanks for any advise

BigManAquatics

Fasting for 3-4 days should take care of it if the bloat is from eating too much. Then just feed a bit less to help prevent it.

Upvote 0

Fisch

Can you get your hands on some frozen daphnia? After the diet this may get things moving again.

Upvote 0

Amccurry

How do you treat bloating in fish. My blue gourami is definitely bloated and I want to help her. I won't feed the tank for a couple of days, but other then that is there anything else I should do. I may be able to put the sick fish in a quarantine tank with only an air stone or something like that, but without a heater. Or should I treat the whole tank?

Thanks for any advise
You don’t need a quarantine tank for that. Just don’t feed them or try using peas! That will help the bloat. Anything with fiber!

Upvote 0

Nikn

I haven't fed the tank since Monday till Wednesday but the problem only got worse. I talked to my LFS and they said it mostly likely an internal problem, and the fish will most likely die from it. Should I euthanise it or just let it live out its final days (which are apparently very painful). Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

AprilMDee

my pour platy, which I thought was pregnant just died!!! I went to check and see if she was showing signs of delivery but she was literally split down the middle of her belly!!! I'm feeling awful and can't believe my eyes! any idea what in God's name caused this??

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SaveThemAll1
Replies
Views
Lebeeze
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies