How to treat Betta Fungus?

alis
Member
Hey everyone, I ran into this fungus problem with my betta after frantically trying to figure out what the problem was with him after he was being lethargic and had clamped fins. He still has an appetite but I noticed some white fungus looking stuff only on his body. I read about several treatments and I’ll be trying them out but do any of you recommend some good medication? And any tips? I keep the temperature at 78 and I do water changes every Wednesday so I’m not sure how the fungus developed but I’m open to hear advice!
 
Betta'sAnonymous
Member
If it is just a fungus, then whichever treatments you looked at should probably work. If it is columnaris, that is a different patty to fry.
 
  • Thread Starter
alis
Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
If it is just a fungus, then whichever treatments you looked at should probably work. If it is columnaris, that is a different patty to fry.
How can I tell the difference between columnaris and fungus? I just want to make sure I’m treating the right thing.
 
philly27
Member
a picture would be helpful
 
  • Thread Starter
alis
Member
philly27 said:
a picture would be helpful
It’s not super visible from specific angles but these were the best I could take.
 
philly27
Member
alis said:
It’s not super visible from specific angles but these were the best I could take.
looks like a color change as bettas are prone to them. especially when stressed? did you recently do a water change? have you noticed this before? do you know if it a marble betta? it doesnt look like one. after i change my betta tank water i see a light coloration change in my male betta since i have high ammonia in my tap and it usually clears up. but best bet is to have Betta'sAnonymous chime in and they know light years more then me
 
  • Thread Starter
alis
Member
philly27 said:
looks like a color change as bettas are prone to them. especially when stressed? did you recently do a water change? have you noticed this before? do you know if it a marble betta? it doesnt look like one. after i change my betta tank water i see a light coloration change in my male betta since i have high ammonia in my tap and it usually clears up. but best bet is to have Betta'sAnonymous chime in and they know light years more then me
I’ve had him for about 3-4 weeks maybe a month now and for 2 weeks he was doing great and one day I noticed he was very lethargic and had clamped fins. I even saw him rub against the plants in the tank. It seems he’s doing a little bit better now because he comes out to swim occasionally. (I still prefer to treat him) He’s also a crowntail betta and I never noticed any color changes when I did water changes before. I also did a water change on the 5th.
 

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom