How To Transport Goldfish To Vet

Bob516

Reaction score
Hi
I am taking my black moor to the vet on Saturday and wanted to know how to take him to the vet. Should I put him in his own tank water or new water? TIA

Bob516

Reaction score
May I ask why you would bring a fish to the vet? I've never heard of anyone doing that.
His cloudy eye won’t fix and rather than self diagnosing I’d rather a professional did it. It’s quite common over here in the UK I’ve heard.

ystrout

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Put in a bag of his own tank water. New water may stress him out since the parameters will likely be different than that of his home tank.

And I hear of people taking koi and goldfish to the vet frequently. Just make sure the vet you're going to has experience with fish! Some probably don't.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I honestly wouldn't use a bag but a sterilite container, that way the vet has easier access to the fish if they need to take scrapings or better examine the fish.

rainbowsprinkles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you buy a bucket with a lid at the hardware store? I just moved 2 goldfish and this was very low stress for them.

ystrout

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Can you buy a bucket with a lid at the hardware store? I just moved 2 goldfish and this was very low stress for them.
The only way upgrade to this method would be to attach some bubble wrap around the bucket since the fish can get sloshed around a bit in the bucket. That and fill the water pretty much to the brim (as long as you have a tight lid) since this will help make sure the fish doesn't get thrown around in the moving water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom