How To Tell If Black Mollies Are Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by AlphaOmega, Jul 30, 2005.

1. AlphaOmegaNew MemberMember

Question: How can i tell if they're pregnant or not??! in hindsight, i shouldn't have bought BLACK livebearers lol!

It's impossible to tell if they're pregnant or fat!

I suppose though, them being mollies with a male in the tank would suggest they are pregnant, they are mollies after all!

HELP!!!

2. fletchValued MemberMember

If you have a male and a female compare them. If the male is slim and the feamle fat then shes probably pregnant. I dont have mollies but my mates mollies are really fat and pregnant

3. swimbunnyNew MemberMember

more than likely, they're pregnant! ::)! i had a tankfull of black ones, and i ended up with several more! anyways, i think i found a way to not end up with multiplying mollies, and platties. switch the tank light out and replace it with a blacklight ( yes, a BLACKLIGHT!) and leave it on 24/7. doesn't seem to hurt the fish, and when you do want a light on them, turn a lamp on or something, but don't leave it on for more than a few hours. let the blacklight be their light, and you have to leave it on all the time, cuz i think the fish spawn in the dark. i know this s ounds crazy, but the blacklight works! good luck!

4. fishfreakValued MemberMember

Cool ill have to try that some time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice