How To Tell If Black Mollies Are Pregnant?

AlphaOmega

Reaction score
Question: How can I tell if they're pregnant or not??! in hindsight, I shouldn't have bought BLACK livebearers lol!

It's impossible to tell if they're pregnant or fat!

I suppose though, them being mollies with a male in the tank would suggest they are pregnant, they are mollies after all!

HELP!!!

fletch

Reaction score
If you have a male and a female compare them. If the male is slI'm and the feamle fat then shes probably pregnant. I don't have mollies but my mates mollies are really fat and pregnant

swimbunny

Reaction score
more than likely, they're pregnant! :! I had a tankfull of black ones, and I ended up with several more! anyways, I think I found a way to not end up with multiplying mollies, and platties. switch the tank light out and replace it with a blacklight ( yes, a BLACKLIGHT!) and leave it on 24/7. doesn't seem to hurt the fish, and when you do want a light on them, turn a lamp on or something, but don't leave it on for more than a few hours. let the blacklight be their light, and you have to leave it on all the time, cuz I think the fish spawn in the dark. I know this s ounds crazy, but the blacklight works! good luck!

New Threads