How To Tell Angelfish Genders And How To Tell If One Is Pregnant?

Colt Frost

I have two Angelfish in my tank. I think one is male and one is female. The one I think is female looks really fat and I'm thinking she is pregnant. And as the title says how do you tell if one is pregnant. And how to tell the genders. I'll put some pictures of both. The black one is who I assume is male and the female is gold I'm guessing.

Attachments

• IMG_2637.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_2664.JPG
    IMG_2664.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 992

TexasDomer

What size are they? Angels can be near impossible to sex, even as adults, unless you see their breeding tubes.

Angels can't get pregnant, as they lay eggs and exhibit external fertilization. It might be bloated though. What do you feed them? How often? I would fast the entire tank for a few days and then feed everyone cooked, deshelled peas.

Colt Frost

What size are they? Angels can be near impossible to sex, even as adults, unless you see their breeding tubes.

Angels can't get pregnant, as they lay eggs and exhibit external fertilization. It might be bloated though. What do you feed them? How often? I would fast the entire tank for a few days and then feed everyone cooked, deshelled peas.
I feed them tropical fish flakes. I was gonna start feeding them some frozen brine shrimp when I got some money to spend. I have some platy fry in a little breeder in the tank, should I fast them too? And how do I get them to eat the peas.. And they also sometimes munch on the algae wafers I feed my cories and pleco. Oh, and one more question, I added some TSS into my tank. Is it normal for it to make the water a little murky? I did a water change to try and get it a little clearer and it worked and then got cloudy again. And back on the fasting again, I have tetras, would they be fine with a fast?

Dave125g

As stated its tough to tell. Best guess the marble is female, the other male. When there ready to spawn you'll see breeder tubes sticking out.

chromedome52

They're a bit young, I think. If not, then both are females.

Colt Frost

They're a bit young, I think. If not, then both are females.
They're both bigger than a silver dollar but the black is bigger than the gold.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Shadowfax777
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
  • Sokamix
  • Platy
Replies
Views