Question How to Store Adult Brine Shrimps ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitsingh_81

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi All,

How do I store the adult brine shrimps I bought from my LFS yesterday ?? Should I store them in the refrigerator ??

Thanks in Advance.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
okay hang in there someone will be along shortly, I believe u can store them live in the fridge, I just read an article on this, but dont hold me to this. Wait for someone with more experience, I dont want to tell you wrong. I have sanfrancisco brine shrimp that are frozen.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
When I have them....I keep them in a small container with their water and I add aeration...they will keep for a few days like this...my problem isnt keeping them alive that way...I have not figured out or found anything to feed them to keep them longer than a few days...hope this helps a little

OP
R

rohitsingh_81

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Lori,

Thanks for the info. I researched a lot on net and found that you can feed them Wheat floor / yeast etc..... (not tested by me yet). Let me know if you try it.

Also I found some articles talking about storing Adult brine Shrimp in refrigerator (this way their metabolism reduces). The article says, when you want to feed them to your fish, take them out from and bring to normal temp, feed them something before your fish eat them (this way they preserve their nutritious value).

I have stored some of them in my refrigerator .... (I don't know whether they can survive or not but would let you know the result in a couple of days). Hope they survive.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes please let me know......I havent ever heard of the fridge thing b4.......I did try feeding them brewars yeast and wheat flour.....lol....all it did was make a mess......but let me know how u make out......my SeaHorses are breeding and I will be having to grow some **** out for them......thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom