how to spot feed?

1. STLBluesFan Member Member

so now that i have 2 ADF's ive quickly learned that feeding them with my betta in the tank is not going to work lol, and at that, i do not have a turkey baster, thought i did but i dont, is there anything else that can be used to put the food right in front of the frogs?

2. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

ive only heard of turkey basters, but im sure you could use an airline tube or something. maybe a syringe.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Sneaky betta!
    Some people use rounded tweezers. I've heard reptile tweezers work well.
    I could never get the hang of feeding with a turkey baster very well.

When mine were babies I would use a long clear tube like the kind that comes with an UGF.
    Put it in the water and hold it right above their head then drop their food down.
    This helped feeding the babies in one place and the parents in another.

They soon learned what the tube was for.
    They would swim up the tube to grab the food.
    Too cute!

When they got too big to swim up the tube they still sat waiting for the food when they saw the tube go in the water.

This might work for you until the betta figures out food comes out the bottom of the tube! lol

4. STLBluesFan Member Member

lol, well i just got home from a late night run to walmart, for a turkey baster, tried it and seems like it is going to work just fine, but they still didnt eat.. but since they have had a stressful day, im not too worried about it right now. i just hope the frog pellets dont hurt the betta, i dont think it would though, the ingredients look similar enough