Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mike submitted a new resource:

How To Set Up a Low Light Low Tech Planted Tank - Planted tank set up article

Author: Dolfan

Quite often members ask how to set up a low-tech tank or what low light plants would be best. I thought that I would compile a list of a few links that really helped me out when getting into planted tanks. Remember that no one singular source of info is the end all be all, so do your research and double check things.

First off some basic info....

What is a low-tech planted tank? - These are tanks with low light and no addition of CO2 injection. They...
Read more about this resource...

pattybrown

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nothing is as gorgeous and interesting as my 4 yr old fr. water planted tank of 75 gal. The plants are super and healthy with dirt ferts and some additional liq ferts. I have rainbows (which I love) guppies, bottom cleanrs, angels, clown fish, snails, loads of plants that have spread and big lotus lilly leaves. This is a fun tank. I add liq co2. Removed the tanks as they were a pain and I didn't need them. Large light bar with diff colors to use. Lots of diff foods for diff fish, lg canister filter, 3 bubble lines. so much pleasure.

Lon

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great post, thank you. Do you know of anyone growing seaweed. My main interest is the red seaweed Asparagopsis taxiformis. I know it grows in the tropic and subtropics. I haven't even looked into what fish or other plants etc. to introduce yet.
I am fairly new to saltwater environments as my main area of interest has been fresh water, aquaponics, vermiponics.
I'm here and asking because I am doing a little preliminary research to see if my idea is viable without huge capital investments.
I am an environmental advocate and a backyard researcher in sustainable toxin free food production and environmental remediation.
I am hoping to network with people interested in tropical/subtropical marine environments.
Thanks, Lon

pattybrown

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
pattybrown said:
Nothing is as gorgeous and interesting as my 4 yr old fr. water planted tank of 75 gal. The plants are super and healthy with dirt ferts and some additional liq ferts. I have rainbows (which I love) guppies, bottom cleanrs, angels, clown fish, snails, loads of plants that have spread and big lotus lilly leaves. This is a fun tank. I add liq co2. Removed the tanks as they were a pain and I didn't need them. Large light bar with diff colors to use. Lots of diff foods for diff fish, lg canister filter, 3 bubble lines. so much pleasure.
BEING VERY CAREFUL OF ADDING JUST DROPS OF LIQ CO2 AND OTHER MINERALS ETC. LESS IS BETTER

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads