How to select young rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So at my favorite lfs they occasionally have bolivian Rams, but they're quite young and colorless, are there any cues to look for in selecting young rams? Also, how big are they before they start forming pairs? Id like to have a pair but Im not sure buy 5 and wait, then return the other three is an option in my tank, although with all my fish being half full size right now I suppose it not currently at limits. when I was there last they were down to 2, clearly not paired. they were probbly 1.25-1.5 inches, this too young to see pairs forming?

Last edited:

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you plan on breeding them, it is always best to buy at least 3, and if you get 5 or 6, your odds go way up to your favor in ending up with at least one good pair. Once they pair off, if your fish store won't trade or credit you for the extra pairs, post it in our buy, sell or trade, and you will probably get a taker for other pairs.

OP
NC_OBS

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't specifically want to breed them, I just would like more than 1 in my tank and thought non paired ones would pick on eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%

Top Bottom