How to save this plant It’s in bad shape

Fishkeeping7777

So a few weeks ago I got this plant at Petco I thought it was a vallisneria I think that’s how you say it but found out someone recommended it was actually a Crypt Springtail I got it home and I cleaned it off already know the thing was dying it had brown all around it and this brown stuff on its roots that I had to take a paper towel and wipe it off was coded on there so my guppies are loving it though and I kind of want to save it because they really really like it what else I got in the tank is a Nana which is on a rock and another crypt and some Java Moss and a moss ball

It has holes in the top and how to save it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 27

YellowGuppy

If it's val, make sure you aren't dosing Excel or any similar glutaraldehyde based product ("liquid CO2" type things).

If it's a crypt, LEAVE IT AS IS. These plants are notorious for "melting" I've they're adapting to a new setup. Leave the roots and base of the plant where they are, as it might "restart" with all new leaves once it's figured itself out.

Mudminnow

It looks like Cryptocoryne spiralis. Give it time. It may just be adjusting to its new home.

Fishkeeping7777

It looks like Cryptocoryne spiralis. Give it time. It may just be adjusting to its new home.
It’s been like a week

YellowGuppy

It’s been like a week
It may continue to be several more weeks. Plants aren't the fastest moving things in the hobby, to say the least!

Fisch

Crypts are notoriously slow growers. A month would be probably more reasonable. Do you fertilize?

Fishkeeping7777

Crypts are notoriously slow growers. A month would be probably more reasonable. Do you fertilize?
yea Flourish

86 ssinit

Funny by the base of the plant I was thinking Val. And both have a tendency to melt back or die a bit in new water. As a mater of fact many plants do.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mudminnow
  • Question
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta