How To Read Gh And Kh

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Chandell said:
I just purchased a liquid test kit for gh and kh. I have a 38 gallon tank with 5 cories and 1 Betta. I use reverse osmosis water and add equilibrium. I do not know what my readings should be for the gh and kh. They are both at 125.3. Is this reading okay?
Should be fine! But just so you know, most people go by drops rather than PPM so they don't have to do the math. Math isn't difficult but drops are well recognized and often used when speaking of kH and gH.
So you are running a kH of 7 and a gH of 7 correct? That should keep a nice stable pH of about 7.5-7.8 I'd venture? That is perfect acceptable for what you have good job!

Chandell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sfsamm said:
Should be fine! But just so you know, most people go by drops rather than PPM so they don't have to do the math. Math isn't difficult but drops are well recognized and often used when speaking of kH and gH.
So you are running a kH of 7 and a gH of 7 correct? That should keep a nice stable pH of about 7.5-7.8 I'd venture? That is perfect acceptable for what you have good job!
Thank you! Yes it was 7 drops for both and my pH is stable about 7.6. I wasn't sure because I used to use the colour strips.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom