How To Quote

Amazoniantanklvr

Pretty Much the title. having slight issues

how do you only quote part of a post?

Feohw

Hit reply on the comment of the person you want to quote and it will add the quote to your comment.

Crispii

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Pretty Much the title. having slight issues
Reply button.

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Backspace.

Feohw

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Either hit reply and delete the parts you don't want. Or highlight the part you want to quote and a little popup should appear below it that will allow you to select reply to that part only.

Amazoniantanklvr

OK thanks

Tez

Amazoniantanklvr said:
OK thanks
If you want to add only a part of a post scroll a cross the words you choose and then you'll see reply show, just click on reply and then add what you want underneath.

Amazoniantanklvr

I can reply just fine. Every time I highlight the text click to button that says quote, I get a message that says message added to multI media server (or what ever), I type my message and send. the quote never shows up. What am I doing wrong?

jinjerJOSH22

Amazoniantanklvr said:
I can reply just fine. Every time I highlight the text click to button that says quote, I get a message that says message added to multI media server (or what ever), I type my message and send. the quote never shows up. What am I doing wrong?
Click Quote, then in the bottom left next to "Attach files" there should be "Insert Quotes"

jkkgron2

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Quoting like what I just did Above? If that’s what you mean then you actually just hit reply, not quote

jinjerJOSH22

Amazoniantanklvr said:
jkkgron2 said:
Quoting like what I just did Above? If that’s what you mean then you actually just hit reply, not quote
Think he meant like this

jkkgron2

Amazoniantanklvr

I get this. What do I do from here?

jinjerJOSH22

Amazoniantanklvr said:
I get this. What do I do from here?
Click "Quote messages"

Amazoniantanklvr

That give me everything (same as a reply).

jinjerJOSH22

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Are you trying to quote specific lines? if so do that, then delete what you don't want within the quote. There might be a better way but I'm not sure.

Edit: Unrelated but next to your alarm notifications there's a light bulb symbol, click that

Feohw

Amazoniantanklvr said:
If you want to only quote a single sentence, highlight that sentence. Click or press over the first word and drag to the end of the part you want to quote and it will be highlighted. Then a popup will appear below that will say "quote/ reply". You just have to hit reply and that select part will be all that will be quoted. Like this:
Amazoniantanklvr said:
That give me
I only quoted the words I wanted that way.

Otherwise you have to physically delete all the words you don't want to quote in the reply before you comment.

StarGirl

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Edit: Unrelated but next to your alarm notifications there's a light bulb symbol, click that
OMG I laughed too hard at that....

Thanks now I have figured this whole quote thing out too.

Amazoniantanklvr

Feohw said:
f you want to only quote a single sentence, highlight that sentence. Click or press over the first word and drag to the end of the part you want to quote and it will be highlighted. Then a popup will appear below that will say "quote/ reply".
Got it thanks.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom