How To QT Plants?

MisterSnuffles

Hey everyone. Im a beginner and possibly getting a new tank soon. Anywhere from 10-20 gallons. I am a bit interested in plants but Im scared to qt them. I get all my stuff from my lfs and not once have they ever sold me a sick fish. I rarely ever see a sick or dead fish. They say that they take out sick fish and dont sell them. I get the idea of quarantining plamts but Hey everyone. Im a beginner and possibly getting a new tank soon. Anywhere from 10-20 gallons. I am a bit interested in plants but Im scared to qt them. I get all my stuff from my lfs and not once have they ever sold me a sick fish. I rarely ever see a sick or dead fish. They say that they take out sick fish and dont sell them. I get the idea of quarantining plants but will I be ok with just a dip in Alum? Or 2 weeks of floating quarantine? Im 100% sold on live plants but Im interested in them down the line.

awilkinson871

I do not quarantine plants- with that said they have given me pest snails. Most plants melt after entering the tank so I have not quarantined because I don't want them getting used to one tank for me to move it to a second one. You can try to do the bleach dip or alum method if you want to remove pests and algae.

Upvote 0

MisterSnuffles

I do not quarantine plants- with that said they have given me pest snails. Most plants melt after entering the tank so I have not quarantined because I don't want them getting used to one tank for me to move it to a second one. You can try to do the bleach dip or alum method if you want to remove pests and algae.
I agree with that. It does seem annoying to move them twice to have them melt. Thanks for the tip! I’ll consider it for sure.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mudminnow
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
jtjgg
  • Question