Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
1538244080196157205320.jpg
15382441560201161912771.jpg
1538244080196157205320.jpg
Hello! So one of my live plants, I believe is a water sprite (correct me if I'm wrong), is growing extremely quickly. It's... Roots? I suppose you could say, are sprouting off the top of the plant and growing fast, attaching to everything around it. I'd prefer for it to not spread over everything, so is there a proper way to clip off these roots or should I just snip them off? I don't want to hurt it or cause the rest of the plant to die. I greatly appreciate any help!! - Caroline

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
it's a water wisteria (hygrophila difformis). you can just cut the roots off, it's fine. water wisteria grows fast and can eventually take over you tank, so you will need to trim off parts of the plant eventually. the roots are just for growing and anchoring.

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
midna said:
it's a water wisteria (hygrophila difformis). you can just cut the roots off, it's fine. water wisteria grows fast and can eventually take over you tank, so you will need to trim off parts of the plant eventually. the roots are just for growing and anchoring.
Ah, thank you so much! I'll do more research on them too. I appreciate your answer very much, I'll get to trimming them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom