How To Propegate Cryot Wendtii Properly

75g Discus Tank

Hello Fellow Fishlorians!

I have 2 crypt wendtiI in my 10 gallon(red and green). How would you propegate it? I want to spread the growth around the aquarium.

Pics would be helpful.(I’m a visual learner).

aussieJJDude

I would let them grow some daughter plants and then cut off the daughters once they've grown a couple of leaves. I've never had good success with dividing a mature plant in half with my crypts, but maybe it may work for you?

75g Discus Tank

I haven to had much experience with crypts, so what would the daughter plant look like?

aussieJJDude

75g Discus Tank said:
I haven to had much experience with crypts, so what would the daughter plant look like?
Think of a bean sprout... but crypt like. I'll see if my tank has any, so if so will update in five mins unless someone else got to it.

DoubleDutch

They propegate by the roots. There will occure plantlets just besides the motherplants. When you separate it with part of the root it will grow further making a forest like this. Sometimes broken rootparts will show leaves growing out of them afterwards.

Thunder_o_b

If you look to the right of the large crypt you will see a baby still attached. They grow like mad for me. I generally have to thin the groves in our aquariums every couple of months.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom