How to Prevent Fancy Goldfish from Breeding?

sarcuri

Hi!
I am currently in the process of cycling a 50 gallon tank to get 2 or 3 fancy goldfish, due to money, because they are such expensive fish, and because it is all my local fish store really sells, I will likely be buying them at a point where it is hard to determine their gender.

Even though the easiest solution is to get all one gender, due to the circumstances mentioned above, I am doubtful that it is easy to pull off.

Just in case the fish can not be gendered and I happen to get both genders, are there any ways to prevent breeding? Any tank conditions to avoid or something? I really don’t have the ability to raise eggs or breed goldfish.

If anyone knows how to avoid having a bunch of babies swimmin’ around, I’d love to hear

Thank you!

BigManAquatics

I don't know about with goldfish, but i have found that some fish really don't breed unless fed certain foods, like my peacock gudgeons are breeding machines if i feed them frozen stuff like bloodworms and brine shrimp a couple times a week but if i don't, no spawning at all.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
Amaracalle
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views