20 Gallon Tank How to perform water change with shrimp in community tank?

NeuerFisch

We have a fully cycled 20 gallon long community tank and added a vampire shrimp a week ago and he is eating and filtering plus changing the interior design of his cave. Usually I change 25% weekly and add Prime ( 7 panda corys, 11 glowlight tetra and 2 Honey Gouramis, Aqueon Quietflow 35, Airstone, Heavily planted ,driftwood and rock caves). To avoid excessive molting....I know temp and ph of new water have to be the same....should I do only 10% one one day and then another 15% the next day? . I got water conditioner for shrimp ...should I use this with prime together? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

SouthAmericanCichlids

The water conditioner for shrimp, probably just doesn't have copper which is lethal to shrimp. If prime doesn't have a copper you can use prime. But either will work just fine.

Broggy

you can do large water changes but you should put the new bucket of water on a stool or ladder and let new water siphon into the tank with some airline tubing. I've found the shrimp don't get stressed if you do that.

NeuerFisch

Ok....I will try this tomorrow.. Thank you so much for your replies.

Top Bottom