How to pack/ship plants (properly)

Bruinfishkeeper1

Hey guys!! I wanted to start selling some of my live plants and I was wondering the process of how to pack and ship them. I already know the basics on how to and have already layed out a plan on how to I just wanted some first hand experiences.

Also how do you do the shipping (do you charge the customer shipping, split the price, pay for it yourself? also do what type of shipping do I need for live plants?)

I'm not trying to gain a huge profit it's really for fun but I do wanna make a few bucks (and definitely don't want a loss in profit).

StarGirl

I have only shipped Vals. I Just lightly wrap them in a circle with the roots together wrapped in paper towel. I dont trim the roots. I put them in a Qt freezer bag and put in a few shots of aquarium water. Double bag it and ship them in a bubble pack. I ship 1st class so I dont do it much over winter.

I add the shipping into the total then just pay when I send it. "Vals for sale 6 for $15 shipped" Something like that in your ad. I only have Paypal for payment so I add that and The day(s) you prefer to ship. Most do Monday or Friday as ship days to avoid weekend delays or deliveries. Also people like it when you say if you have snails or not. Some do not care I just add it so no one gets mad...lol

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

Ok sounds good!! I'm doing some Jungle Valls, regular valls, rotala indica trimmings, ludwigia palisturs super red trimmings and bacopa trimmings.

I'll definitely give this method a shot!!
Thank you!!

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Can you link to the selling thread when you start it, because I'm interested, depending on shipping and prices and stuff. Also, would you happen to have any floaters for sale (Or any golden colored plants). Also, do you have snails, you haven't mentioned so I am going to get really mad lol.

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

Can you link to the selling thread when you start it, because I'm interested, depending on shipping and prices and stuff. Also, would you happen to have any floaters for sale (Or any golden colored plants). Also, do you have snails, you haven't mentioned so I am going to get really mad lol.
lol i'll put up that thread in a bit. Let me just figure out the prices! No I don't have any snails. I have juvenile MTS so no reproduction and one nerite snail soooo. No other pest snails. The prices are going to pretty low though!
Oh and also yes I do have some frogbit as well

As for golden plants all see if i can find any annubias nana golden or nesaea pedicettla

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views