How To Move Fish Into Tank From Qt And Vice Versa

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
After the quarantine of new fish how do I acclimate them to the main tank? Do I just put them in the water change bucket with QT water and slowly add main tank water? The temps will be the same or as close as possible.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just do a normal acclimation.

What I would do is get a bowl of QT water and add 1/4 of a cup of aquarium water every 5 mins for 20-30 minutes.

It’s this much because the fish are basically used to your water.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
75g Discus Tank said:
Just do a normal acclimation.

What I would do is get a bowl of QT water and add 1/4 of a cup of aquarium water every 5 mins for 20-30 minutes.

It’s this much because the fish are basically used to your water.
I don't have any bowls that haven't hasn't been washed with soap. But I'm sure the bucket would work too.
I mean everything would be the same parameters anyway.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
When I QT I do so in water with the same parameters as the tank they'll be joining. When the day comes to add fish I net from QT and put them into the tank. Unless you have different water parameters between your QT and the tank they are joining there's no reason to put them through an acclimation.
Just a note : I run 9 tanks with 10 on the way and a outdoor tub and have 3 different water parameters determined by the stocking so I do have different water in different tanks. I use QT as the time to adapt my fish to the water that they'll be joining over several weeks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom