How To Move Angel Fish Babies To New Tank

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You don’t want the parents to raise them? I know some people use a turkey baster. I’d be afraid of damaging them.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Syphon them into the new tank or container to move them into the new tank - air line tubing, turkey baster, or pipette are the easiest ways to move them.
If you don't shake them they will be fine.
Leave some with the parents so they don't argue over the whole spawn suddenly going missing.

cfgb78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
You don’t want the parents to raise them? I know some people use a turkey baster. I’d be afraid of damaging them.
Yeah I am afraid of damaging them I'm probably going to just leave them but I was wondering if there was a safe way to move them, there's other fish in the tank and I don't want them eaten when they are old enough to freely swim

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cfgb78 said:
Yeah I am afraid of damaging them I'm probably going to just leave them but I was wondering if there was a safe way to move them, there's other fish in the tank and I don't want them eaten when they are old enough to freely swim
Unless you are moving them dry the methods i mentioned above will not hurt them.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
cfgb78 said:
I do know you can trust the advice @Mcasella gave. She’s actually done this. Good luck with your new bbs!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom