How to make them friends? Question

1. A

Andrey New Member Member

I got a pair of kribs in my 75 gal. They are about 2 inches. I think they are a male and a female.
    This one is a female, I think:
    280.jpg
    And this is the male:
    281.jpg
    The female is very mean :;pirate, she chases the male around the tank :;swls, and I believe this is why the poor guy is so pale! Is there any hope to make these two co-exist peacefully? :;hug2 What do you think?

2. g

gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Don't quote me on this because my Kribs are albino but i think the colourful one is the male, the one with the red on it's belly

3. B

BroolynKribs New Member Member

I have two pairs in my 75, and they are fine. I also have a lot of hiding places and live plants for them. How is your tank set up? And the first pic is your female and second is male. I wouldn't be to worried yet, thats what these guys do. You could always put some schooling fish in there to distract them or put more hiding places. If you can post a pic of your tank that will help

4. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

everything I've ever done with kribs I've always allowed them plenty of hiding and running places and they always seem to work it out in the long run.

5. OP
    OP
    A

Andrey New Member Member

Thanks for the input, guys! I have live plants and two huts made of coconut shells. The kribs don't take too much interest in the huts though. The male hides in the plants when the female chases him. I do hope she won't kill him and they work it out! :;hug2

6. e

evan New Member Member

Is the male smaller? That could lead to problems. Perhaps you could separate them until the male gets bigger. Good luck.

7. S

Sammyboi1993 Valued Member Member

With Kribs The Male MUST be bigger than the female, If not Then the Female Will Bullly The Male.

8. OP
    OP
    A

Andrey New Member Member

They are approximately the same size, about 2 inches.

But it seems they have paired up after 2 weeks of bullying. It was a very quick and very dramatic change: the female suddenly accepted the male, maybe she got tired of fighting and gave up the chasing thing. Now they are swimming side to side checking out stuff etc. What a family harmony! Yay! :;banaman

I guess I should expect babies soon? :) Or not until they are fully grown? How long does it take them to grow?