How to lower my ph it won’t lower

Fishowner24

I clean my tank and when I clean it nothing changes it is still max on my text strip any help will be appreciated thanks!

Noroomforshoe

You don't want your ph to change, you want it to be stable. Find out what your ph is and remember or write it down. most tank-bred fish will adapt to a wide range of Ph. you might need to acclimate slower if your ph is much different than the Ph of the water at the pet store. You may need to avoid certain species, especially wild caught species, that require a much different ph.

what is your Ph? Why do you think you have to change it?

Fishowner24

You don't want your ph to change, you want it to be stable. Find out what your ph is and remember or write it down. most tank-bred fish will adapt to a wide range of Ph. you might need to acclimate slower if your ph is much different than the Ph of the water at the pet store. You may need to avoid certain species, especially wild caught species, that require a much different ph.

what is your Ph? Why do you think you have to change it?
I think I need to change it because my crypts are turning brown so I think they are dying and I think it could be from the Ph. My ph is 8.0-8.4

Noroomforshoe

OH, sorry, but I am a plant killer, I cant help you there.
As for lowering ph, well its not easy, it's not safe for fish. Do you have fish in the tank? You need to find out the kh and gh, if you have hard water, it will be even harder to change the ph.do you have anything in the tank that might have raised the ph? crush coral, seashells... do you have anything in the tank that might have raised the ph? crush coral, seashells...

ProudPapa

I think I need to change it because my crypts are turning brown so I think they are dying and I think it could be from the Ph. My ph is 8.0-8.4

Crypts thrive in my 8.2 pH water, so there's something else going on.

kansas

Yeah I do well with crypts in hard water with a ph of 8.2.

Fishowner24

Crypts thrive in my 8.2 pH water, so there's something else going on.
Yeah I was told it could be c02 but I have c02 running at 2 bbs
Yeah I do well with crypts in hard water with a ph of 8.2.

ProudPapa

Then I don't know. Mine are doing well without CO2.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • freshwaterninja
  • pH
Replies
Views
2Broke
  • Question
  • Jammyfish
  • pH
Replies
Views