How to link a webpage (such as Fishlore) so that it appears as an app icon on your phone.

The_fishy

So this is for all of those people who either used to be on the app or who would like a quick direct link to Fishlore. Some of you may know how to do this already!

Apple Devices
Step 1:
Go to safari and pull up the webpage that you want to directly link to. I have mine set as the Fishlore home screen, but you could also set it as the title page of the forum, for instance.

Step 2: Click the rectangle with the up arrow at the bottom right region of the browser.

Step 3: Scroll down and select “Add to Home Screen”.

Step 4: Type in what you want the icon to be named and click “Add”.

And there you go! It’s super easy!

The_fishy

Android Devices Using Web Browser
Step 1:
Go to web browser and pull up the webpage that you want to directly link to. I have mine set as the Fishlore home screen, but you could also set it as the title page of the forum, for instance.

Step 2: Select the “Create Bookmark” icon at the top of the browser to the right of the URL and magnifying glass. It should look like a little bookmark with a star in it.

Step 3: Input what you would like the icon to be named.

Step 4: Tap “Bookmarks” next to “Add To”. This should drop down a menu with more options; select “Home Screen”.

And done!

Android Devices Using Chrome
Step 1:
Go to chrome and pull up the webpage that you want to directly link to. I have mine set as the Fishlore home screen, but you could also set it as the title page of the forum, for instance.

Step 2: Click the “Menu” icon at the top of the browser to the right of the URL. It should look like three stacked dots.

Step 3: Select “Add to Home Screen”.

And that’s it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views
jdhef