How To Know If My Betta Likes The Lights?

Lucrezia90

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi everyone!!
So my tank is about 3/4 months old, my blue betta is set up nicely, he likes both caves as well as heater and so on... but I never had lights on the tank. So today I bought a 24 hours timer, set up for 9.30 am to 9.30 pm, together with some unused lights. And this was the result:
20190825_171953.jpg

I mean... I like it, sorta, and my betta can't really complain (he acts like normal so far) but... doesn't it look too "Xmas-y"? Is it too much or- who cares? I'd like to know some opinion. And worst case, any cheap light that I can use instead?

Also I want to take a moment of appreciation to all the answers I get for my questions, all the random/curious topics that people post, and all the knowledge I have now thanks to this site.
Thank you all.

Last edited:

lorelle9

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nah I freaking love your tank. In fact, it might even motivate me to get some fairy lights to decorate them around mine. As long as they do turn off at night they shouldn't bother your fish in anyway either. Your tank also seems to be illuminated pretty well from the room, but if you ever want a light that points directly into your tank, Amazon and Walmart have some cheap ones. (Or go local!) I wouldn't expect the cheap ones to grow many types of plants though if you plan on getting those in the future.

Side note, I love your profile pic.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi everyone!!
So my tank is about 3/4 months old, my blue betta is set up nicely, he likes both caves as well as heater and so on... but I never had lights on the tank. So today I bought a 24 hours timer, set up for 9.30 am to 9.30 pm, together with some unused lights. And this was the result: View attachment 583097

I mean... I like it, sorta, and my betta can't really complain (he acts like normal so far) but... doesn't it look too "Xmas-y"? Is it too much or- who cares? I'd like to know some opinion. And worst case, any cheap light that I can use instead?

Also I want to take a moment of appreciation to all the answers I get for my questions, all the random/curious topics that people post, and all the knowledge I have now thanks to this site.
Thank you all.
Merry Christmas! I am just kidding it should be fine.

Lucrezia90

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nah I freaking love your tank. In fact, it might even motivate me to get some fairy lights to decorate them around mine. As long as they do turn off at night they shouldn't bother your fish in anyway either. Your tank also seems to be illuminated pretty well from the room, but if you ever want a light that points directly into your tank, Amazon and Walmart have some cheap ones. (Or go local!) I wouldn't expect the cheap ones to grow many types of plants though if you plan on getting those in the future.

Side note, I love your profile pic.
Ahah why, thank you! Yes, with the timer it should go on and off by itself (I'll check tonight just to be sure). I was "afraid" it might have been too much... not anymore. My tank is quite small (5.5) so I don't plan on growing live plants, not unless I buy a bigger tank.

Merry Christmas! I am just kidding it should be fine.
Thank you!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom