How To Know If Fungus Clear Worked?

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cobalt is currently being treated with Jungle Labs Fungus Clear. On Saturday I have the option of redosing. How do you know if it has worked. His tail is still ragged and he still has the missing scale on the top of his body. Should I redose. When do I stop. Will he heal after the meds are out of the water.

PS-- I put a bubble stone in there while the filter is out-- he is having a blast with that.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
Cobalt is currently being treated with Jungle Labs Fungus Clear. On Saturday I have the option of redosing. How do you know if it has worked. His tail is still ragged and he still has the missing scale on the top of his body. Should I redose. When do I stop. Will he heal after the meds are out of the water.

PS-- I put a bubble stone in there while the filter is out-- he is having a blast with that.
It really is kind of a judgment call if you do the 25% water change & 2nd dose.. we usually err on the side of caution.. but last time we treated Aslan, we only did 1 dose. Has there been any change either way since starting the Fungus Clear?

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well no real change. He has always been active. I think the tail looks a little better, but it scared me so bad on the 1st day that I might be imagining improvement. He is in my office, so I may wait until Mon to redose.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
well no real change. He has always been active. I think the tail looks a little better, but it scared me so bad on the 1st day that I might be imagining improvement. He is in my office, so I may wait until Mon to redose.
Sounds good.. i'm not 100% sure if you can wait for the 2nd dose, but i can't see a single reason why you couldn't - and it'll give you a chance to be sure you really want to do the 2nd dose.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, personally I wouldn't wait to redose...I prefer to follow the directions exactly, in case it changes how well the meds work. But, that's your call.

If the fins haven't improved much I would definately do the 2nd dose. Generally you should medicate for finrot until the rotting away has stopped completely, plus the fins show that they're growing back well (although they do not have to be all the way regrown--that can take a long time, depending on the severity of the case).

Hope he gets better soon!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom