How to Keep Up Humidity?

bcsay720

Hi, everyone. How can I increase humidity on my 29g long lidless tank? I lost many gourami eggs yesterday because the bubble nest wouldn't stick around and dropped most of the eggs. I always thought my male was just bad at making them, and then it occurred to me that the humidity is probably too low. It has heavy frogbit cover, except over my wisteria, but that clearly doesn't help. Any tips? Thanks!

Below are some beautiful shots I got of my pair yesterday during the process.

Coradee

You could try cling film (saran wrap?) that’d help keep the humidity in and as it’s clear it wouldn’t block much light either

bcsay720

I thought of that. Maybe just doing it over one portion of the tank?

Coradee

I think you’d have to do the whole tank to keep the humidity level constant

bcsay720

Sounds good. Will that restrict oxygen levels too much?

Coradee

I wouldn’t think so as it won’t be completely sealed there will be gaps to let air in.
Hang on for some more opinions, other members may have better experience with breeding honeys & gourami in general, mine is limited & was more by accident than design :)

bcsay720

Thank you! I feel lucky to have bought a mating pair right off the bat. I want five, so I'm really hoping breeding them works out better in the future so I can keep a few.

Flyfisha

When running an air stone or even air line you are constantly adding air . I realise you can’t have an air stone running hard in a tank with a bubble nest but you should be able to set something up the adds a little oxygen/ helps oxygen get into the water in the opposite corner to where the bubble nest is?

I have read that Indian almond leaf helps a bubble nest hold it’s bubbles?

bcsay720

Forgot about those because I use alder cones to add tannins to my water. That may be my backup plan.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SM1199
Replies
Views
luckdown
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views