How to insert photos into posts

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements/Suggestions' started by Mike, Apr 14, 2006.

1. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

When you are typing in your post, under the big text box there is a link that states "Additional Options". Click that link and an "Attach" text box opens up. From there, click the browse button to get the photo from your computer.

Alternatively, you can use the image tags to post an image. There are two rows of buttons above where you type in your message (above the smiley faces). The image button is the second button from the left on the second row of buttons. Put the html link in between the bracketed image tags - should look like (img)link goes here(/img).

2. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Thank you, I never understood the Image thing. That will help a lot.

Rose
    :)

3. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Mike could you sticky that somewhere please? That questions is asked often enough to warrent it.  oh yes.... could you make our sticky icons  darker, different or something that makes them stand out? It's hard to tell whats been stickied and what hasn't.
    Thanks ;D
    Carol

4. simpletonValued MemberMember

Mike:

Any way to optimize the photo so that the file size is a bit smaller? I believe I went through this once before as all of my photos are slightly above 400KB and therefore too large to post. I can't remember how I did this. Please advise if you can. Many thanks.

Simpleton

5. TomFishlore VIPMember

There are many programs that are able to do that for you. There are also some people on here that would do it if you asked kindly.
    Tom

6. TomFishlore VIPMember

7. simpletonValued MemberMember

Your digital camera may also have settings that will allow you to lower the number of pixels on your pictures thus reducing the size of the file. I was able to do so with my camera. Now, all of my pics turn out less than 400K. I still have very good quality pics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice