How Do I How to Improve my Aquarium Shrimp and plants =/ ?

METROID

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello Expert Shrimp Keeper

I want to share my aquarium and how I can improve it to success to breed shrimp.

I did cycling my aquarium for a month. Then I get my shrimps

Before, I have 6 shrimps of them and 1 snail. 2 were dead up side down and 1 has molting problem since 2 week ago and one snail is dying.
Now, I have 3 blues rilis shrimps (2 males and one female) in my aquarium (2nd month).

My water parameter:
-PH: 7.2
-GH: 4.8
-KH: 1.1
-0 amonia
-lower 0.1 nitrite
-lower 0.5 nitate
-CU: 0.10 *In processing removing with my

-TDS: 403ppm

Plus my plants are having a hard time growing and it been for a month they are not improving =/. Even I try some product, I don't see any improving.

My 3 shrimps are surviving since 3 week, but they are always hidden.. (except one shrimp is rarely swimming around, that mean a good thing)

What should i do to improve my aquarium (shrimp and plants)?
I hope i can success to breed shrimps.
Should i get more shrimp if everything are good?

Here some couple photos and I need allot opinion or suggestion or discussion please.

Thank you

Attachments

midnightwhale

Reaction score
First off, your carpet looks really good. Are you injecting CO2? I noticed that the thing I think is a drop checker is blue which is an indicator of low CO2 which should be natural if you aren't injecting it. I wonder if your plants are getting the proper nutrition, if you have an inert substrate, they might be nutrient deprived as you have a pretty low stocking and low CO2. I think having a little nitrite could be a factor in shrimp death and unhappiness. Having more floating plants could help bring down your nitrites and provide some sense of safety for the shrimp. I know shrimp can go for a while without food supplementation but are you feeding them? These are kind of simple questions but I'm still a novice so I don't quite know too much.

thefishn00b

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
midnightwhale said:
First off, your carpet looks really good. Are you injecting CO2? I noticed that the thing I think is a drop checker is blue which is an indicator of low CO2 which should be natural if you aren't injecting it. I wonder if your plants are getting the proper nutrition, if you have an inert substrate, they might be nutrient deprived as you have a pretty low stocking and low CO2. I think having a little nitrite could be a factor in shrimp death and unhappiness. Having more floating plants could help bring down your nitrites and provide some sense of safety for the shrimp. I know shrimp can go for a while without food supplementation but are you feeding them? These are kind of simple questions but I'm still a novice so I don't quite know too much.
for floating plants duckweed (it spreads quickly) and water lettuce

OP
METROID

METROID

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
midnightwhale said:
I don't have a C02, because I'm trying saving a budget. I use 2 dose of C02 each day but I don't see any different. Plus I have brown algae.

New Threads