How To Identify/treat Internal Parasites In Betta?

binji

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
guitar has been eating and acting normally, but just a few minutes ago when i went to feed him i discovered that he has a thin white string looking thing hanging from his anus.
im pretty sure it's a worm, probably from live feeding from in the summertime, but how can i know for sure? can i remove it? if i treat him with medicine and he doesnt have parasites will it harm him? and what medicine would i use??

Charlotte Walker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
guitar has been eating and acting normally, but just a few minutes ago when i went to feed him i discovered that he has a thin white string looking thing hanging from his anus.
im pretty sure it's a worm, probably from live feeding from in the summertime, but how can i know for sure? can i remove it? if i treat him with medicine and he doesnt have parasites will it harm him? and what medicine would i use??
Maybe wait it out. Is he still eating and acting normal? Is his spine bent at all? And yes if you treat it and he does not have anything wrong with him, he could die. I lost 4 fish in less than 24 hours trying to treat a "parasite".

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Doesn't exactly mean he has internal parasites lots of fish illness symptoms include abnormal looking waste. What are your parameters? How big is the tank? Do a 50% water change to make sure nothing in the water is affecting him

binji

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ill have to check tomorrow because hes asleep and i dont want to stress him out, but i did his regular water change on sunday and hes the only fish in a 10 gallon tank, so parameters should be fine unless my filter crashed or something.
ill try to do a big water change tomorrow for sure, though

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom