How to hatch NeriteSnail Eggs?

JoelTRG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ok so recently I have made a post on another one of the subforums and they told me I might have more luck over here...

So here's my first question:
How do I make the water in my second five gallon tank brackish so that the eggs can hatch?

Secondly: When the eggs hatch how should I care for the baby nerite snails?

Thirdly: Judging by how many eggs I have on the piece of wood I would move would people buy them because I would have a bit too many? That is if they all live.

The eggs ^^^

Thanks,
Joel

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Joel, hope you don't mind, we have changed your title to better reflect the information you are seeking.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I would move the eggs to their own tank, without a betta, which wouldn't like salinity.
You'll need to bring the salinity up to 1.010 with marine salt, not aquarium salt.

JoelTRG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yeah, I would move the eggs to their own tank, without a betta, which wouldn't like salinity.
Ok, do you have any tips on making the water brackish because I have never done a brackish tank in the past.
Thanks,
Joel

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There should be instructions on the box. As far as taking care of the babies, I assume, but am not sure, that it is like any other snail baby, just like the adults.

JoelTRG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
There should be instructions on the box. As far as taking care of the babies, I assume, but am not sure, that it is like any other snail baby, just like the adults.
Ok thanks for thanks for the help I will be able to pick the salt up on Friday.
-Joel

Gekco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thirdly: Judging by how many eggs I have on the piece of wood I would move would people buy them because I would have a bit too many? That is if they all live.
People should buy them, they are great algae eaters the only downside is they leave the eggs. Just as long as you sell them a little bit cheaper than your LFS then they should sell. Worst case scenario if they don't sell your LFS might take them off of your hands.

JoelTRG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You'll need to bring the salinity up to 1.010 with marine salt, not aquarium salt.
The salinity is now at the right level and the eggs have not hatched yet. Do you happen to know how long it takes for them to hatch?
Thanks,
Joel

JoelTRG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
None of the seem to have hatched yet but the salinity seems a little lower so I'll fix that this afternoon

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom