75 Gallon Tank How to give up Red Oscar

FuryX

Hi everyone. Sadly I've been thinking about giving up my red Oscar as it's becoming harder and harder for me to maintain the tank. What's a good place to give him to. I don't want him to go to some random person on Craigslist and he end up in a 20 gallon tank situation or something like that.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Any good lfs. If they are good and you trust them, they'll most likely only sell it to a person with a 20g.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Oh I'm so sorry I meant to say, they won't sell it to people who want to put it in a 20g. I am so sorry.

FuryX

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Oh I'm so sorry I meant to say, they won't sell it to people who want to put it in a 20g. I am so sorry.
Oh lol you had me worried there.

Mazeus

I second that advice. My LFS regularly takes in large fish that have outgrown someone's set up. The owner will then only home them with someone who has a big enough tank.

RomanNoodles96

Is this the same fish you said had Hith? I'm not trying to be rude by any means but I think personally you should clear that up first or if not then let the person you give it to know. Also I agree with given advice, if the LFS actually care then they will give it a good home.

Skrabbitskrabbit

If you do Craigslist you can always ask for pictures of the tank intended for the fish before agreeing to meet up or something

FuryX

RomanNoodles96 said:
Is this the same fish you said had Hith? I'm not trying to be rude by any means but I think personally you should clear that up first or if not then let the person you give it to know. Also I agree with given advice, if the LFS actually care then they will give it a good home.
He's healing and it's almost completely not visible anymore.

RomanNoodles96

FuryX said:
He's healing and it's almost completely not visible anymore.
Okay thats good. You're doing the right thing trying to find him a good owner.

smee82

Id Try the bstf here and then you would still be able to get updates on your little guy.

Top Bottom