How to get rid of white fungus?

Witchydesign

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got a few plant bulbs from petsmart about two weeks ago and unfortunately two brought fungus with them. Its not algae, the snails avoid it like the plague, and the bn baby wont touch it. Only the main tank was affected but its spread through the substrate, is slowly covering all the plants... my question is am i going to have to break it all down? it looks like milky white scum but when i pulled some out it was hairish. Ive had to pull out all of my subwassertang from that tank, it looked like white golf balls. Anyone have any idea?

CLam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It just sounds to me like spoiled organic matter, which, in the aquarium, comes most often from uneaten food, dead/dying plant matter. Clean it all up whenever you see it and it should pose no problems.

Witchydesign

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ive been doing that daily, but its coming back like wildfire. And ive never had this issue before the bulbs. Its not a lack of cleaning. its actually started growing on the snails shells. its wierd.

Witchydesign

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So far no, the parameters have stayed steady. just spreading through the substrate (activflora) and slowly growing up the plants. alot of the plants have started to go brown. i had to remove all of my subwassertang. im starting to think a breakdown is in order which is not something i wanted to do.

Witchydesign

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i already removed all of the snails, they were camping above the water line and i could see the fungus on thiershells. they are doing qt in a bowl and already seem happier. it was wierd i didnt know where it was coming from until i removed the biggest one inthe betta tank amd moved it to its own bowl on the windowsill to hopefully jumpstart its growth and the exposed parts almost immediately grew this .

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom