How to get my yellow tang eating nori?

Fullofit343

I've had my tang for about a month and a half now and he's still very shy. Hides a lot, and will hide as soon as there is any sudden movements or if I even walk slowly over to the tank. I put the norI on a paper clip and tied some rope to it and lowered it down and left it there for quite a while. he ran away from it, hid for a little bit, came out and has been swimming around since but hasn't showed any interest in it what so ever. What can I do to get him to start eating it?

alicem

Shouldn't this question be in the saltwater forum?

Lucy

alicem said:
Shouldn't this question be in the saltwater forum?
Yep, moved it.

Fullofit343

Sorry, I thought it was in the saltwater forum? Where was it?

Lucy

It was in the freshwater section of the forum.

Fullofit343

My Mistake, I wasn't paying attention.

Lucy

No problem.

Mike

Try putting a small piece of it sticking out under a rock. Make it slightly more natural looking at first... Once the tang gets a taste of it they should tear into it pretty good.

HN1

Sounds like a good idea. You could also use a clip made for aquarium use. I wouldn't put a paper clip into my system even for a small amount of time.

Mike

HN1 said:
Sounds like a good idea. You could also use a clip made for aquarium use. I wouldn't put a paper clip into my system even for a small amount of time.
Good point - with the reason being that saltwater is very corrosive and you don't want corroding metal releasing harmful compounds into the water.

I use the veggie clip too and place it about 6 inches or so from the top of the sand. I had to experiment with it at first. When I put it too high they wouldn't go after it as readily.

Matt

Mike has covered this up for you

My tang also had trouble eating NorI but now he has a natural algae suplly although that has died off so I am going to start feeding him NorI again tommorow

Any pics of your tang/tank?

-Matt

Fullofit343

Matt said:
Mike has covered this up for you

My tang also had trouble eating NorI but now he has a natural algae suplly although that has died off so I am going to start feeding him NorI again tommorow

Any pics of your tang/tank?

-Matt
There are the pictures of the tank but not any of my tang. He still is very shy as I mentioned so it's hard to get pictures. As for the tank i'm completely redoing it with the homemade live rock i'm making now (a post following the whole proccess with pictures will be up once it's complete) So I'll have pictures up of the tank and hopefully the tang in probably around 2 months once the rock is fully cured and seeded.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom