How to get a good deal on a CPR AquaFuge

utkgreg
So I'll admit it, this post may be bragging... but I justify it by sharing the good deal I've found with fellow FishLorians.

If you have been considering getting an HOB refugium, you've probably found that the most popular and highly rated system seems to be the AquaFuge. The problem is the fact they're so dang expensive.

After doing some scouring of the internet, I put together my plan of attack. I decided to go new, mostly because there were none on eBay at the time and I'm not a patient man. I found a little website, MarineandReef.com... they carry the AquaFuge for wayyy cheaper than anywhere else I found. Most places have the large from about $190 up to about $220 or more. They had it for $158.19 excluding the light but including the pump and free shipping.

Well, MarineDepot carries for $191.49. I like MarineDepot. I've ordered from them before. They have great customer service. Better yet, they price match. Best yet, they price match plus refund 10% of the difference. So, I contacted them to work out a deal.

The summary of my adventure: my new large Aquafuge with pump is on the UPS truck to be delivered to my house today for the low, low price of $146.16!

mangups
Sweet deal !! - I really like the aquafuge refugim. Post pic when you set it up.

Rivieraneo
What are the dimensions? My LFS has one that's 13 x 4.5 x 12 for $150

utkgreg
I got the large - 25" x 4.5 x 12. The medium is 19" and the small is 13".

Rivieraneo
Wow, great deal! The one I saw is the medium size then.

utkgreg
Yeah the thing literally takes up the back of my tank lo.... I started hooking it up last night. I'll try to post some pics of it set up this weekend. I'm actually planning on setting up Remora to run on the back of the Aquafuge, so I'm treating it almost like an HOB sump. I'm not sure if the Aquafuge could take the additional weight of the Remora, though. So I'm going to build a stand for the weight of the Remora to rest on.

Latest threads

Top Bottom