How to flatten airline tubing.

Pikephillips322

I’m trying to make rings/corrals/barriers for my floating plants. They keep getting swept into the filter and down into the tank.
i e seen all the tutorials and recommendations about making the rings with airline tubing. The problem is when I make them they aren’t flat and don’t float level on the water surface. The tubing is full of bends and kinks from packaging so I need to figure out how to flatten it so the plants don’t just float right out.
many ideas or suggestions??
thanks!

carsonsgjs

I’m sure I’ve seen something somewhere that you can soak it in really hot water to soften the tubing up and get it back into shape again. Maybe worth a try?

zakBlanco

I’m trying to make rings/corrals/barriers for my floating plants. They keep getting swept into the filter and down into the tank. 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
i e seen all the tutorials and recommendations about making the rings with airline tubing. The problem is when I make them they aren’t flat and don’t float level on the water surface. The tubing is full of bends and kinks from packaging so I need to figure out how to flatten it so the plants don’t just float right out.
many ideas or suggestions??
thanks!
I think the hot water thing work I tried it my self, give it a shot

Pikephillips322

I think the hot water thing work I tried it my self, give it a shot
Thanks, that’s what I did. I put it in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Had to do it a couple times to get it completely flat but it worked.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
david1978
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
  • Question
Replies
Views
Juneaugoalie
Replies